Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Voice control still sucks.

“call Jenkins jewelry in Dallas” = “calling joe Harrison”

Once again, never using it again until another release says it’s fixed and we’ll try again.

I love Tesla, but this is exactly what Lexus is referring to in their “don’t settle” ad. Basic stuff like this really should just work.

There are clearly different issues going on. Not that this helps, as overall the system doesn't work. MS Raven HW3, I tried a test bug report which went way off course. See second picture for the result. Notice that no text appeared below the microphone icon. Thinks I want to set work address, picking up on the word WORK I guess.

IMG_20200310_215809.jpg

IMG_20200310_215830.jpg

I tried again immediately with more succes, with a different bug report:

IMG_20200310_215850.jpg

Reactions: evfeh
The amount of regen braking took me by surprise when I first test drove the MS. Obviously was not used to it coming from a mega cab Cummins truck. However, knowing the value and economic benefit of it I just left it on "hold" mode and was used to it by the time I got home with my new car. Now I feel it a failure to have to manually apply brakes to come to a stop. Give it a try for a little bit, you may be surprised.

Reactions: SDRick
That would have been my advice too. It is different and holding your foot in position on the accelerator may not be easy for everyone, but once you adjust to it, using the brake pedal feels really primative and clumsy.

Reactions: msm859
A Model X driver on the X sub forum reported that 8.1.1 brought him full LR+ rated range. He was stoked, it’s hopefully only a matter of time before it’s released to MS LR+ vehicles
it looks like it is being released to Model X on Teslafi.....and if that is the case, it is a software upgrade and does not appear to be a hardware issue at this point...hopefully

EDIT: Of the two Teslafi reported Model X’s that received 2020.8.1.1, one had a mfg date of prior to Oct 2019 and one had mfg date of Jan 2020....so go think about that one

Last edited:
it looks like it is being released to Model X on Teslafi.....and if that is the case, it is a software upgrade and does not appear to be a hardware issue at this point...hopefully

EDIT: Of the two Teslafi reported Model X’s that received 2020.8.1.1, one had a mfg date of prior to Oct 2019 and one had mfg date of Jan 2020....so go think about that one

Did they both experience a range increase with the update?

I was hoping 2020.8.1 would offer "improved regen" for my 2016 S but it doesn't. It's only improved voice commands and change when Bluetooth is engaged. I'd like to see the S slow all the way down to a stop - blending mechanical breaks under 8 mph as needed. Having to touch the break, just slightly, at each red light is _sooooo_ annoying (j/k!)
How did you get the update?
I did a service call and they pushed the exact same version to my 2016 MS that I had before. When I reached out via text, they finally replied:
I apologize for my delay in response, it looks like that is the latest available firmware for your vehicle at this time. New firmwares are released in certain VIN batches that we have no control over which is why some vehicles get firmwares before others. My best advice I can give you is to make sure your vehicle has a strong connection to wifi every night and you should be all set to receive it. Since there is nothing the mobile technician will be able to do onsite I am going to go ahead and cancel your mobile appt. Please dont hesitate to reach out in the future with any other questions or concerns we would be happy to help you with!​

I was also stuck on 2019.40.50.7. Scheduled an appt through the app two weeks ago and asked for them to push the latest update. Ironically, they pushed the same 2019.40.50.7. I am not sure if that means my original 2019.40.50.7 install wasn't fully successful. FWIW, a day or two after that re-push of 2019.40.50.7, I received 2020.4.10.1 and then just received notice of another update available today. Basically, long way of saying the SC appt route should fix it all for you soon.
I had the exact same things happen (apart from actually getting the newer update)!
Took 30 minutes to find out it was downloading/installing the same version that was in there before.
I texted SC about it and they finally replied:
I apologize for my delay in response, it looks like that is the latest available firmware for your vehicle at this time. New firmwares are released in certain VIN batches that we have no control over which is why some vehicles get firmwares before others. My best advice I can give you is to make sure your vehicle has a strong connection to wifi every night and you should be all set to receive it. Since there is nothing the mobile technician will be able to do onsite I am going to go ahead and cancel your mobile appt. Please dont hesitate to reach out in the future with any other questions or concerns we would be happy to help you with!​