Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updating also, fsd enabled X on 2020.4.11.

Going to take it around the block and see if any fsd changes are noticeable.

Attached my update screen.

Attachments

• 3DEE361F-6693-4A06-974D-F38D26FA71C1.jpeg
    3DEE361F-6693-4A06-974D-F38D26FA71C1.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Reactions: camthehombre
Yes, and I did NOT have my HW3 update yet. I was on 8.1 (my car skipped 8.0) and then got the notification for 8.2 about 3 days ago.... after people were reporting getting 2020.12.

No idea why.. I thought it was because I have HW2.5 but now I see people that have hw3.0 getting that update too.

/shrug

• Disagree
Reactions: Acvr5
Just got this notification for an update. Anyone else get this yet? After my HW3 retrofit I went to FW 2020.4.1. Surprised it’s not going to 2020.12.

Careful what you wish for :) My 3 hasn't slept since it got 2020.12. The computer & coolant pump has been running 24x7 since 3/14. Also it's pinging tesla servers ~15k times per day per my router logs. Remote support says it will be fixed in the next update which will take longer to arrive than normal given current events.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Careful what you wish for :) My 3 hasn't slept since it got 2020.12. The computer & coolant pump has been running 24x7 since 3/14. Also it's pinging tesla servers ~15k times per day per my router logs. Remote support says it will be fixed in the next update which will take longer to arrive than normal given current events.

that’s awful! :eek:. I would loose sleep if I knew the car was running all night. Hope they get it sorted out soon.

while I normally jump on latest releases, I am holding off on them, now. can't afford to have car problems right now; none of us can.

if your car drives, I would suggest (personally) avoiding updates. these are luxuries and now is not the time.

and also realize: software guys at tesla are under stress like all of us. do you want software written under such stressful situations? as a software dev myself, I say no.

...just one man's thoughts.

while I normally jump on latest releases, I am holding off on them, now. can't afford to have car problems right now; none of us can.

if your car drives, I would suggest (personally) avoiding updates. these are luxuries and now is not the time.

and also realize: software guys at tesla are under stress like all of us. do you want software written under such stressful situations? as a software dev myself, I say no.

...just one man's thoughts.

They are all at home chilling anyway, that's what devs do (jk). Curious how much this actually delays a bug fix type patch. For those stuck on the newest release, hopefully they can at least see the critical issues and patch those without other features.

I'm going to wait before doing anything at this point.

Reactions: linux-works
as a guy who is currently WFH and also doing car software (diff company, lol) - I can tell you that none of us are at our best game, right now. so many distractions - and lack of access to test racks that often are not 100% fully automated. that means unit testing is limited and system testing, even more so.

even in the best of times, its hard to keep this amount of software moving in the less-bugs direction.

I'm taking a pass on the updates, since my version is working fine and I see no point in taking any risks at all right now. car is staying parked, but if I need it for something urgent, I will NEED it. no time to be beta testing, imho.

fwiw