Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.3 and Android App problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my LR M3 upgraded to 2020.8.3 overnight last night. All seemed fine.

Went to the shops this morning. Opened and drove the car using the Android phone App. Waited outside the shops while the missus was shopping, was looking at a few things on the cars screen. Suddenly the screen went black for about 15 seconds and then recovered. All seemed normal HOWEVER:

Tried to drive away and the car refused to go into D.

I looked at the Android app to check I was still connected to the car. Nope - it had logged me out. So I logged back into the App. But no car, no controls, jusy the start splash screen and 'Watch Video Guide' and 'Get Support' buttons. Car would not drive!

Fortunately I had one of the key cards with me. So put that on the console and the car was driveable. Had I not had this then I would have been stuck.

Is this something to do with 2020.8.3 software - is the App usually that flakey?

I still can't log into the car with the App.

Tesla help was very unhelpful - just asked me to email the problem. No reply so far.

OK - NOT a reuslt of the software upgrade.

If I log into my account with Tesla the web site has reverted to some form of pre-delivery. Saying:

upload_2020-4-8_18-40-25.png

I wonder if Tesla are going to send me another car? Is there a BOGOF offer just now?

• Funny
Reactions: Andy7
Hi folks - thanks for the replies;

So I needed a change on the Tesla invoice to satisfy the Government. Turns out that the only way Tesla could do that was to 'un-deliver' the car, change the invoice and the 're-deliver' the car. So for a day my car showed as not being delivered and the Android App reverted to pre-delivery status.

Tesla - sorry I got angry with you for messing up the App. :oops:

Reactions: flyingowl