Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Climate XChange Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
Once again Climate XChange is holding their Tesla raffle.

Win your choice of Tesla Model S, X, or 3 plus $58,060+ for the taxes.

2nd prize $10,000

34d prize $5000.

Climate XChange's mission is to provide research, education, and advocacy to accelerate the move towards the low-carbon economy of the future.

Tickets are $250 each, a maximum of $4000 tickets will be sold.

Deadline for purchasing tickets is 13 February, 2020 at 2pm Eastern.

Draw date is 14 February, 2020 at 3pm Eastern.

All ticket holders are invited to be present for the drawing but need not be present to win.

The Drawing will be streamed over the Internet; instructions for locating and joining the stream will be published on the website a few days before the Drawing is held.

Win a Tesla. Make a Difference. Enter the 2019–2020 Carbon Raffle.

Hi @S'toon, thanks for posting! We have indeed launched the 4th Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle. We changed things up a little this year, choosing to splurge on a single maxed-out car plus smaller cash prizes. We've also extended the drawing date out to February from January 1, and have done a softer launch as a result.

I'll try to post some more info about progress from time to time, probably not as regularly as last year because things are a busy on our core mission front. There is a lot of interest in carbon pricing in states across the US so our team has been doing a presentation roadshow in places as varied as New Mexico and Maryland. Also we just published a study of social justice and equity in the context of California's cap-and-trade program - take a look: Carbon Pricing in a Just Transition - Climate-XChange

We don't yet have the ticket "speedometer" up on the raffle site (carbonraffle.org), but I'll let you know the current sales number - 960 as of less than an hour ago, at the end of the 27th on the east coast. Last year we sold 3430 we aim to sell out this time.

More news to come.
-Peter

Hi @S'toon, thanks for posting! We have indeed launched the 4th Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle. We changed things up a little this year, choosing to splurge on a single maxed-out car plus smaller cash prizes. We've also extended the drawing date out to February from January 1, and have done a softer launch as a result.

I'll try to post some more info about progress from time to time, probably not as regularly as last year because things are a busy on our core mission front. There is a lot of interest in carbon pricing in states across the US so our team has been doing a presentation roadshow in places as varied as New Mexico and Maryland. Also we just published a study of social justice and equity in the context of California's cap-and-trade program - take a look: Carbon Pricing in a Just Transition - Climate-XChange

We don't yet have the ticket "speedometer" up on the raffle site (carbonraffle.org), but I'll let you know the current sales number - 960 as of less than an hour ago, at the end of the 27th on the east coast. Last year we sold 3430 we aim to sell out this time.

More news to come.
-Peter

Hey, curious how many Tesla carbon raffle tickets have sold? The drawing is coming up soon and am wondering what my odds are. Thanks.

Hey, curious how many Tesla carbon raffle tickets have sold? The drawing is coming up soon and am wondering what my odds are. Thanks.

Sorry for the lack of updates. We're not quite sold out yet, but with nine days to go we are over 3200 tickets sold. On track to exceed last year's total of about 3430 tickets but trying for a final push to sell out - please help!

I put together a Twitter thread explaining carbon pricing, Climate XChange and the raffle. Please take a look - and share to help get the message out about carbon pricing and the raffle. Thanks!

Peter Kirby on Twitter

Also, the MA State Senate just passed several bills including carbon pricing! Article below.

Mass. Senate Agrees To Sharp Shift In State Climate Policies

Hey Everyone. Only a few days left to get your ticket!! Last I checked, there are only a few left. Be sure to buy your ticket while they are still available!

Yes, sales over the past week have been great and we are well past 3800. Ticket sales end at 2pm on Thursday 2/13, or when we sell the 4000th ticket, whichever comes first. If you’ve been on the fence about entering, it’s time to get off it. And if you’ve been procrastinating, just do it.

Thanks again for your support!
Peter

Quick update - we sold out all 4000 tickets this morning, 4 1/2 hours before our sales deadline for the raffle drawing tomorrow afternoon. That's 570 tickets more than last year! Thanks all for your support!
Peter

Reactions: mongo
Hi all, we launched Climate XChange's Fifth Annual Tesla Raffle yesterday. Tickets are now available at carbonraffle.org - sales continue until we sell all 4000 or February 24, 2021 @2pm Eastern. Drawing will take place @3pm Eastern on February 26, 2021. Get your tickets now while they last - we sold all 4000 last year!
Peter

5CXCTR-promo-fullsize-v2.jpg

Reactions: mongo
Noticed there’s no ticket counter...can we get live updates?

Hi @Cowby, actually we did put the counter up this year, it’s just way at the bottom of the main carbonraffle.org page. Thanks to many of you out there, sales are going well - we are rapidly closing in on 3000 tickets sold, with a goal of selling out all 4000 well in advance of the February 26 drawing. Get your tickets soon!

BC258F98-83E2-4B1B-A84F-29F0B6786157.jpeg

Hi all,
Time for a quick update. Tickets are selling fast - we’re now at nearly 3500 of 4000 tickets sold, with over one month to go to our February 24th ticket sales cutoff and February 26th drawing. I’d like to give you a chance to buy a ticket before they sell out - and to thank you in advance for your support!

This is my sixth year on the board and second year as chair of this 501c3 nonprofit. The Tesla Raffle is Climate XChange’s primary annual source of funds. Raffle proceeds enable us to continue our mission of research, education and advocacy for effective and equitable climate policy at the state level. We have been very active in Massachusetts, but are also leading a coalition in Maryland and, via our 10,000+ member State Climate Policy Network, enabling climate advocates, state legislators and state and municipal officials nationwide to learn and share information and experience about state climate policy to accelerate their progress. You can learn more about Climate XChange and our work at climate-xchange.org

Brown University just published a study called “Who’s Delaying Climate Action in Massachusetts? Twelve Findings.” I’m pleased to share that Climate XChange and our Climate Action Business Association program were listed as #4 of the top ten testifiers in support of climate action. Thanks to years of research and advocacy efforts we are finally seeing some payoff, as Massachusetts and other states join the regional Transportation Climate Initiative and the MA state legislature will send a comprehensive climate bill to Governor Baker for a second time next week.

https://www.cssn.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MA-CSSN-Report-1.20.2021-Corrected-text.pdf

Please help us continue to fight this fight - and get a chance to win a Tesla tax free! - by buying a ticket at carbonraffle.org. Or make a tax-deductible contribution at climate-xchange.org.

Thanks!
Peter

Hi all, we sold our last ticket at 6:15 this evening - three weeks and a day before our cutoff! We may have to increase to 5000 tickets next year.

The drawing will be Livestreamed on Facebook on Friday, February 26 from 2pm. We'll be loading the tickets in the drum from 2pm, and drawing the winners at 3pm.

5th Annual Climate XChange Tesla Raffle Drawing

Thanks to all purchasers - and good luck!
Peter

Reactions: Polly Wog
Hi all, we launched Climate XChange's Sixth Annual Tesla Raffle last week. Tickets are now available at carbonraffle.org - sales continue until we sell all 5000 or February 23, 2022 @2pm Eastern. Drawing will take place @3pm Eastern on February 25, 2022. The Grand Prize is bigger than ever - a fully-loaded Model S Plaid! Get your tickets now while they last - we sold all 4000 with nearly a month to go last year!
Peter

5CXCTR-fulldetails-square.jpg

Hi all, we are closing in on 50% of tickets sold and will be launching our ticket sales "speedometer" on the raffle site soon so you'll be able to track progress to 5000.

For Giving Tuesday tomorrow, the Climate XChange staff put together a video that explains much of what they do in just two minutes. Please take a look:

And please get your raffle ticket(s)! I could use a boost of sales before our next board meeting! :)

Thanks! And please spread the word...
Peter

Peter here again. With six weeks until our 2/23 sales cutoff and 2/25 drawing, we are behind track and still have nearly 2000 tickets of our 5000 left. So we either have strong sales between now and then, which I would much prefer because this is what funds all of our programs, or you have much better odds of winning any configuration of any Tesla currently sold, taxes paid. Please get your tickets now and help us meet our goal.

And please spread the word, on TMC and wherever. The powers that be have asked me to only post in this thread.

Thank you in advance!