Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 findus Superchargers in New England

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again you are simply looking at commonly traveled roads and not population centers.

You also want to have Superchargers where people actually live. These are places where people actually travel to and from. Maybe you visit someone in Lewiston and you need to get back to your starting point??? Sure would be nice to have charging. The county has over 100,000 people and is completely ignored. There are two crappy Chademo at a Nissan dealership.

Im going to argue that transit superchargers are more important than destination superchargers, with the exception of large cities where charging at home may not be readily available to most potential owners. Once Tesla builds out their network to allow for easy transit all over, the focus is likely going to shift to better local access, but we are far away from that point.

Also, I don’t have a place in Lewiston, but I visit somewhat regularly as I have dealings with Bates (where I also went some years back). I think both towns need to start investing in level 2 charging - while I usually charge at Bates overnight, there are no other level 2 chargers available to the public, unacceptable for towns of their size.

Reactions: JWardell
Again you are simply looking at commonly traveled roads and not population centers.

You also want to have Superchargers where people actually live. These are places where people actually travel to and from. Maybe you visit someone in Lewiston and you need to get back to your starting point??? Sure would be nice to have charging. The county has over 100,000 people and is completely ignored. There are two crappy Chademo at a Nissan dealership.

If you're 45 miles from the nearest DCFC on the fastest route of travel in all directions, you can get back to where you came from without destination charging, and if you're visiting for any significant period of time, you want destination charging anyway.

Wouldn't be used by residents who have home charging.
Not required to get to Lewiston/Auburn, ME and back.
Wouldn't help travel on Interstates through Maine because the shorter, faster, cheaper route is I-95-I-295-I-95.
Wouldn't help Canadians who cut through Maine.
Wouldn't help all the tourists who drive the coast.

Level 2 is what we need where we live. I just did a road trip out to the Bethel Maine supercharger as I have been to a ton of V2 chargers and this would be a V3. Even with a few side trips, we arrived with too high a state of charge to see V3 rates. Put 4KWh into our car and then headed out again passing back threw Lewiston on the way home.