Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Front Seat Perforated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

my MX was delivered end of December. I just realized the front seats are NOT perforated. After watching a couple youtube video, i see a lot of MX front seats are perforated, but these videos are mostly 3 or 4 years old. I know Tesla has changed their seats design a couple of times, so just wondering if the 2020 models supposed to be perforated or not? Thanks!

Hi All,

my MX was delivered end of December. I just realized the front seats are NOT perforated. After watching a couple youtube video, i see a lot of MX front seats are perforated, but these videos are mostly 3 or 4 years old. I know Tesla has changed their seats design a couple of times, so just wondering if the 2020 models supposed to be perforated or not? Thanks!

They got rid of ventilated seats years ago. If you watch some Video's they didn't hold up well.

Now they are back again in the interior refresh.

I'm kind of on the fence with them. Even in cars with tougher materials the ventilated seats would age quicker. I love they are vented but I want them to last and look good too. That seems to be mutually exclusive.

They got rid of ventilated seats years ago. If you watch some Video's they didn't hold up well.

Now they are back again in the interior refresh.

I'm kind of on the fence with them. Even in cars with tougher materials the ventilated seats would age quicker. I love they are vented but I want them to last and look good too. That seems to be mutually exclusive.

cool! thanks for the confirmation! there were a couple issues with my MX, since it seems like they kinda rushed out the delivery, so just wanted to be sure.

i have the perforated seats with seat vents in my 2018 X. i love them and love the seat vents too.

so far with 17K miles, they are holding up very well (esp the side bolsters) vs the standard leather seats i have seen in other X's. granted i take alot of care of all peeps getting in/out of the X with "caution"

Reactions: Art VandeIay
I had a couple 2016’s with ventilation seats but they were leather in every color other than Vegan White back then and while we had no issues I have heard they didn’t hold up well. By 2018 Tesla was building all seats in Vegan and they brought back the Ventilation seats but I believe it was only available in Performance cars. The vent seats went away again before the Raven cars arrived.