Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3 Apple Music Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if others have been experiencing the same issues that I am seeing on my 2020 Model 3.

I first tested it on my home WiFi network and noticed that songs have a 1-2 delay (see attached video) when starting. Not a dealbreaker but disappointing for certain. This also happens on Premium Connectivity as well. I should mention that this does *not* happen when using Apple Music on my iPhone or other iOS devices.

There are also times where I am seemingly unable to play a song with the car trying to load, as above, but it then just skips to the next song. Typically, it's 2-3 songs before it finds one that it can play. I should mention that it's not a particular song because a song that doesn't work today could work just fine tomorrow.

I live in Massachusetts, just north of Rhode Island and don't have any cellular connectivity issues aside from this. And as I mentioned, it happens on WiFi too so it makes me think that it's the car.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1234.MOV.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 72
I'm having both issues as well. The second one is especially annoying. I'll choose a song and it'll play about a second of it before skipping to the next one and then it will sometimes skip a few more until it will finally play something
Do you have the same car and approximate purchase date? Just trying to get a sense if that might be a reason (unlikely)

Upvote 0
It’s happening to me as well, but only to songs in playlists. When I play the same songs that get skipped in a playlist via the album or the list of songs, they all play correctly.

Additional discussion of this topic is part of this thread:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you guys have Tesla’s Premium Connectivity? It’s in the release notes the you must have it.

Attachments

• ECBBC291-5B59-4CDC-8D60-E8FBF0CF2A3A.png
    ECBBC291-5B59-4CDC-8D60-E8FBF0CF2A3A.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0