Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 m3 vs 2021 m3 computer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 m3. I was wondering if any knows how to tell I'd you for a 2020 m3 computer or 2021 m3 computer installed. There was a thread on this forum saying they purchased 2021 m3 but had a 2020 m3 computer. Any ideas thanks everyone

Any hardware difference between them?

No, there isnt any difference between "a 2021 computer" or a "2020 computer". There IS a difference between hardware 2.5 and hardware 3.0, but hardware 2.5 is not "the 2020 computer".

In any case, simply check the information in the car itself. The "Full self driving computer" is hardware 3.0 (Tap the car icon on bottom left, then go to SOFTWARE, then tap the "Additional vehicle information" link under the picture of the car.

so when I select Tap the car icon on bottom left, then go to SOFTWARE, then tap the "Additional vehicle information" link under the picture of the car. The hardware should be 3.0. then. I am new at this thanks for the replys

It wont say "hardware 3.0" I believe it says "Full self driving computer" which is hardware 3.0.