Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3P ride quality enhancements questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
Please note that I live in Korea, so the whole tuning scene / recommendations, etc.. may be different from the US or the rest of the world. Having said that, I've now owned my 2020 M3P since August of 2021 (I got it used), and have been enjoying it quite a bit.

Now I'm not a car guy at all, and when it comes to suspension, I am even more lost... anyhow coming from a CLS63AMG, which actually had a fairly comfy ride quality, I searched the local forums on how to improve the ride quality of the M3P (with the 20" performance wheels).

1. First thing I was recommended, was a very good bang for your buck Tein EnduraPro shocks. Switching to these actually did change a lot of the ride mechanics and improved the ride quality, especially when it comes to speed bumps and dampening road noise. Here is the link to what I got installed: Tein EnduraPro Shock Absorbers | 2017-2021 Tesla Model 3 (VSGPX-XXXXX-
  2. The next items to be replaced, according to Tesla Korea Club forum, is to switch to a reinforced stabilizer bar / sway bar
  3. The 3rd item to replace would be a Tie Rod End. It seems like the most common ones used in Korea are from a local company called SRF: https://smartstore.naver.com/srfjau...5|hk=b90e971287b512661d7db3e1fbea5790d11bcadd
Would changing #2 and #3 improve the ride quality at all? From what little research I've done, it seems like they're more for controlling the sway when cornering at high speeds? If I do decide to install 2 and 3 in addition to #1 (which is already installed in my vehicle), would it provide a nice boost to the ride quality? If not, what are the best things I can do to improve the ride quality so that it's at least on par with something like a CLS63AMG?

Some side notes:
- I would prefer to keep my 20" wheels
- I don't track, or drive around corners agressively. Maybe some spirited runs on the highway is about all I do for excitement
- Don't want to spend too much $$$ like switching to premium suspension systems

Thank you

Absolutely not is the answer to the question. Performance end links and sway bars will make the car feel bumpier over road imperfections that affect single side of the car like pot holes. I got away bars before for other cars and they will increase the "head toss" type of feeling over bumps.

If you want to keep the 20" then getting less aggressive all season type tires would be the next best move for ride quality. Sidewall stiffness makes a huge difference. But the trade off is slower steering response and less grip.

18" would make the biggest difference, but if you don't like the looks of it then there's not much more to say about that.

Reactions: tm1v2