Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 - 14 days in - half of the car has no power?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys -

just wanted to do a quick update on the car for you guys -

The new pick up date got moved to next Monday - looks like they’re waiting on a part to come in. the part they ordered is :
ASY M3 FRONT CONTROLLER COIL SUSP

Any ideas on what this might be for?

And although I do believe and have faith in my brand new car but it’s still a little bit crazy that I’ve officially driven the loaner more than my new car

thank you guys! You guys have been so nice!!!!!

Hey there - wanted to check in and see if you got the car back? And if so - how’s it driving??

Hey there - wanted to check in and see if you got the car back? And if so - how’s it driving??

Hi there!
Got the car back last Saturday! You were right on on the issue!
so far the car drives like a brand new Tesla no problems at all and the car is smooth!!
I hope this won’t happen again and I’m really really happy with everything

thank you so much for all the explanation and education! This was quite an experience for sure!

• Love
Reactions: elf9 and dmurphy
Hi there!
Got the car back last Saturday! You were right on on the issue!
so far the car drives like a brand new Tesla no problems at all and the car is smooth!!
I hope this won’t happen again and I’m really really happy with everything

thank you so much for all the explanation and education! This was quite an experience for sure!

That’s fabulous news! So glad to hear you’re enjoying it. Hopefully the car is everything you hoped it’d be - and more.

I’m sorry you had an issue but the good news is that now that it’s fixed, it’s incredibly rare for that part to fail again. Unfortunately you got unlucky and had “the one” that failed right away. But you are good to go now and I expect the Model 3 to be solid for you for hundreds of thousands of miles.

I’m sure it was frustrating but on the upside ... you have plenty of Model S experience now so can tell your friends and family all about the differences when they ask. (And they will ask!)

... and more importantly, you’ve had a solid service experience now - so that should inspire some confidence too. You know your local Service Center folks have their act together for sure.

Congrats again on the new car - drive it and enjoy the heck out of it!!!