Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as the changes, I've got those documented here.
Can't really say if there's something up with your car, and not sure what model you have. For us, just 2 data points for you. My 2018 LR AWD does 0-60 in 4.28 sec on the dragy, and my wife's 2020 SR+ is 5.19 sec, documented here. Both exceed what the Tesla.com pages said when we placed each of the orders, car details in my signature below.

Have you noticed any difference in the rubber door seals? I took a look at a 2020 in the show room and the material was thicker and more rigid. Wondering if it helps with noise, and if Tesla will allow me to pay for a retrofit?

You can turn that feature off. Personally, I think one would have to be insane to use the auto close feature, anyway.

The auto-open feature, though, is fantastic. I love the little 10-foot-increments countdown before it opens (you can set 10-foot increments up to 100ft, with a chime to confirm!). But I wouldn't use the auto-close feature for any amount of money.

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 8.58.00 PM.png

One would also need to have it work :)

Auto-open as I approach front of car toward garage works 100%.

Close? auto, manual, whatever- with the rear of the car pointing at the garage works almost never... usually have to turn the car around and manually hit the screen button to close it, then turn back around to leave.
I back into my garage and haven't had any problems with homelink manually closing the garage door as I'm leaving. Works every time. No problems on my GF's garage door either. Maybe re-pairing homelink would make a difference for you?
I'm with you on the auto close though... I don't trust that.

The auto-open feature, though, is fantastic. I love the little 10-foot-increments countdown before it opens (you can set 10-foot increments up to 100ft, with a chime to confirm!). But I wouldn't use the auto-close feature for any amount of money.

View attachment 510103

I wish I could use that on mine. But my controller's only has two buttons. One if pedestrian opening (only open the gate by about 1m) the other is full open. There's no way to distinct close from open signal.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
It does - my 20 is quieter than my 19.

When I last went to the Tesla service centre last week to get a window fixed (which they ultimately couldn't do as the replacement was also damaged). I asked if they could fix the constant rattle noises and creaks I could hear inside. It's a July 2019 build.

The car is now perfect. Not a single noise other than road noise. Very happy. It may just be a fitting issue.
They refitted the front dash.
"Confirmed noise from dash on road test with customer. Removed top dash pad insulated clips refitted"