Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both 19 & 20MY and here are the differences/changes:
1. I feel it's quieter while driving. Less wind noise from roof and window seals./QUOTE]

Man, I would be ecstatic for better sound deadening... That is worth it right there.

Drives me nuts that these things are so noisy at highway and interstate speeds compared to my other cars.

I think it depends on the build though. My 2018 wasn't that bad but my 2019 is like a wind tunnel.

I have both 19 & 20MY and here are the differences/changes:
1. I feel it's quieter while driving. Less wind noise from roof and window seals.
2. Window seals are stiffer rubber. Possible revised design or new vendor?
3. Fenders not touching the body at the A-pillar (the rust issue)
4. Slightly stiffer trunk carpet lining. (sides and where trunk lights mount)
5. No frunk carpet mat from factory anymore.

Everything else I have examined is identical. As ownership time continues I may find more differences
  • No frunk bag clips

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
I don't think one can definitely say that any particular difference is between a MY19 and MY20 as they are constantly changing throughout the year. I have what is probably one of the MY19s (October build) and it is extremely quiet, has no frunk mat but does have the bag clips - for example.

You got your 2020 Model Y already?! This is an outrage! I pre-ordered on launch day and don't have mine yet. Suing Tesla tomorrow.

You knows it’s going to confuse or annoy so many people. First it was the whole M3 nonsense, and now it’s going to be the whole MY 2020 stuff, too. I give up.

I got a MY 2020!

You got a 2020 MY?

No! A MY 2020!