Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 and differences from 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by the Tesla rep at one of their stores that the difference with the 2020 M3 is that is comes with the hardware for the Autopilot features coming soon ( responding to stoplights and stop signs)

Yeah...the folks at stores are pretty clueless....

Tesla's been putting HW3 into cars for a while now

And anyone with an older model 3 gets HW3 swapped in free if they bought FSD (if they didn't they weren't gonna get those features anyway)

Yeah...the folks at stores are pretty clueless....

Tesla's been putting HW3 into cars for a while now

And anyone with an older model 3 gets HW3 swapped in free if they bought FSD (if they didn't they weren't gonna get those features anyway)

You are probably spot on, they change over pretty quickly too. I did read that anyone with the Model 3 Standard was going to get heated rear seats enabled, so that's a plus.

yeah they actually were. i cant remember where i saw it, but they did say it specifically.

citation.jpg

They show you Model 3 (2019) it has feature ABCDEFG you go ahead and purchase the Model 3. It gets delivered and has feature ABCDE.

That is false advertisement, period.

I don't really care... but it's not allowed. It would've been fine if they had told me, if you purchase model 3 now, it might not have xyz. If I then still go ahead with the purchase I knew what I was getting.

Also the dead pedal is clearly visible on the website, even when you order today. However, it is no longer there when you take delivery of a 2020 vehicle.

Does it mean that you should not be allowed to get software updates or new features or performance improvements: for cars, for phones, for computers...

• Disagree
Reactions: jipvk
Got my 2020 P3D+ yesterday, came with mudflaps. The front ones were assembled, the rear ones was in the trunk.
Also, the build quality, panel gaps, softness of the interior and road noise is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the LR AWD I bough in March. It's a lot of small things but they make a BIG difference.

Also, when I charged my LR AWD to 90% it would say 440km rated range, this P3D+ says 448km rated. So I guess 30km lost isn't particularly true.

Reactions: ABCTG
Got my 2020 P3D+ yesterday, came with mudflaps. The front ones were assembled, the rear ones was in the trunk.
Also, the build quality, panel gaps, softness of the interior and road noise is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the LR AWD I bough in March. It's a lot of small things but they make a BIG difference.

Also, when I charged my LR AWD to 90% it would say 440km rated range, this P3D+ says 448km rated. So I guess 30km lost isn't particularly true.

Can you share pics of the rear mudflaps?

Picked up a 2020 Performance. Audio quality seems worse than my S P85D. Youtube is pretty bad. Not sure if this is normal or just Youtube. Music streaming is alright, still prefer my S. I;ve heard the 3 has better sound than the S, could they have changed the speakers? Tesla seems to be trimming costs on every corner so maybe?

Picked up a 2020 Performance. Audio quality seems worse than my S P85D. Youtube is pretty bad. Not sure if this is normal or just Youtube. Music streaming is alright, still prefer my S. I;ve heard the 3 has better sound than the S, could they have changed the speakers? Tesla seems to be trimming costs on every corner so maybe?

The 3 does have better sound than the S, but you're listening to crap sources in that 3.

Put some high quality FLAC files on a USB key and play that.

streaming is garbage quality- 64 kb/s for slacker for example and no way to change it.... (the S, at one point in the past, had an option to get 128kb at least)