Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 performance range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No worries, that’s just 15%, well within normal, and it’s probably a bit of an underestimate given it dropped so quickly. Might be just 12-13% if you drain it and recharge.

Make sure your car sleeps (contactors); that’s why they suggested those things.

If you want to feel better switch to 18” wheels in the GUI.
The 2170 cars do seem to drift more often in my experience.

Thank you both very much! I will try draining it before my next charge and see if any of the range comes back. I am not sure how to make it "sleep", but I will try anything to get more range back. (I'm not sure how to thumps up a post, but I would if I could on yours. :))

I am not sure how to make it "sleep",
You need to make sure it doesn’t need to be awake (Disable COP, Sentry, Smart Summon Standby, disable all apps entirely by changing password, etc.). Then it will open the contactors. If you come back to the car after a while and it clunk-thunks lovingly in response to your loving caress, you know you’ve done it right. You can also hear them opening, but less common.

Takes time/posts before getting post-rating abilities.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
I've lost 20 miles of range in one month. I called Tesla and they said that they battery checked out fine and they didn't see any issue's on their end. So now I am down from a range at a 90% charge of 243 miles to a 90% charge of 223 miles. I changed my A/C configuration to "auto" and turned off the cabin overheat, but nothing has made a difference. I have the 20" wheels and 2020 performance model, but I drive super slow to try and conserve battery power. Not sure what I am supposed to do to get back my 20 miles of range....but like it was mentioned above, I changed to percentage because it's driving my OCD mind crazy!!

Perhaps try what is mentioned in the first post of this thread:

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I've lost 20 miles of range in one month. I called Tesla and they said that they battery checked out fine and they didn't see any issue's on their end. So now I am down from a range at a 90% charge of 243 miles to a 90% charge of 223 miles. I changed my A/C configuration to "auto" and turned off the cabin overheat, but nothing has made a difference. I have the 20" wheels and 2020 performance model, but I drive super slow to try and conserve battery power. Not sure what I am supposed to do to get back my 20 miles of range....but like it was mentioned above, I changed to percentage because it's driving my OCD mind crazy!!
Do you regularly need to drive more than 220 miles between charging stops? If not, then why worry about it?

• Funny
Do you regularly need to drive more than 220 miles between charging stops? If not, then why worry about it?
While a corner case as it may be, Tesla really needs to either start testing and rating under RW, less than ideal conditions at freeway speeds that are more typical of the American driver.

Of course then their ratings would go back under 300 and possibly as low as ~240 on the P models of the 3/Y.

I would have liked to have gone from North Rim to Primm (310 miles or so). My bladder was good for it. As it is I bailed at 263mi. I would have gone for south Las Vegas or Jean if there were Superchargers there.

More range is good. It’s definitely adequate as is but I feel like about 30% more would be just about enough. Need to be able to drive 4.5 hours or so between stops even if it is uphill.

While a corner case as it may be, Tesla really needs to either start testing and rating under RW, less than ideal conditions at freeway speeds that are more typical of the American driver.

Of course then their ratings would go back under 300 and possibly as low as ~240 on the P models of the 3/Y.
Tesla tests under EPA standards. Tesla isn’t the issue - the standards are the issue.

I would have liked to have gone from North Rim to Primm (310 miles or so). My bladder was good for it. As it is I bailed at 263mi. I would have gone for south Las Vegas or Jean if there were Superchargers there.

More range is good. It’s definitely adequate as is but I feel like about 30% more would be just about enough. Need to be able to drive 4.5 hours or so between stops even if it is uphill.
Everyone would agree that more range would be great, including me.

The question is how would 20 miles of range loss (which the OP doesn’t actually have) would affect his/her daily driving?

I’d argue that the vast majority of owners wouldn’t be materially affected by 20 miles of range difference in their daily driving.