Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Tesla Trade In Values

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2AC8D8D7-C5AF-44DE-A705-B0C7E926DF7E.jpeg
A060FCEF-0805-4D04-A7FB-85BC50B2AAEB.jpeg
A060FCEF-0805-4D04-A7FB-85BC50B2AAEB.jpeg
Tesla trade in values suck! Luckily Carvana is currently paying damn near what you can buy a new one for! Just a heads up for anybody looking to upgrade their Model 3 to a Model Y like I was, my 2019 SR+ pearl white with black interior, factory LED fog lights and auto dimming side mirrors (both now discontinued), standard autopilot (no FSD), 19in wheels, and heated rear seat upgrade with 11k miles only came back at $28k from Tesla . Don’t be sad and cancel your Model Y order, check Vroom and Carvana they will buy your Tesla from you so you don’t have to deal with private party! Vroom offered $33k, Carvana almost $39k!!! There is a small tax savings when trading in to Tesla but not $11k! My Model 3 is gone very happy with the offer from Carvana just wish Tesla would get their trade values a little more in line with the market. I think the Carvana offer was unusually high based on KBB valuation considering I received the $3500 tax credit on mine, but the used market is very strong for the Model 3 right now don’t give yours away to Tesla!!!

Your results will vary I guess depending on trim level, car history, etc. Tesla may be more interested in higher trim models. All I know is the representative I spoke to on the phone told me Tesla wouldn’t give me anything for my Trade which ended up being true for my vehicle. If Tesla is the highest bid there can also be a sales tax benefit depending on state, but in my case it was a way better deal trading to Carvana.