Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It'll be interesting to see if/how the Y affects 3 sales ... but there's another aspect of the Y that could mean a difference in the 3 itself: hardware innovations. Musk has touted the Y's reduction in wiring and changes to the frame to make them simpler to produce. I have to think those innovations will be transferred to the 3 production line as well. Less wiring == more reliability and simpler production == lower cost/higher profit.

Hi, I'm a future Model 3 owner. I almost became one yesterday, but had to turn it down because the vehicle had some fit and finish defects at delivery. I'm back in the waiting queue, but this late in the year and no incentives I'm wondering when the 2020 Model 3 will arrive. The dealer says in 2020, but I think they are motivated to sell now.

Anyone have info one when the 2020 will arrive or when the 2019 was introduced. I tried google and did not find info on either.

Turns out we were all wrong and Tesla changed the policy this year. People are taking delivery of 2020 VINs starting today.

Turns out we were all wrong and Tesla changed the policy this year. People are taking delivery of 2020 VINs starting today.

Allegedly in another thread a guy says Tesla told him it's to comply with some regulation in some foreign country.

Unsure what it'd be or where (and why it never came up before since they've been selling S/X cars overseas for years)

I'm so glad I had to reject they MY19 as I later found out about the stealth performance option. Last night, roughly one month after rejecting the LRAWD, my dealer calls and says he has several 2020 stealth performance vehicles destined for Florida :D Went in today and selected a Pearl White with black interior and 19" wheels. I originally wanted a white interior with 18" wheels, but it wasn't a deal killer for me. No date on delivery yet, but hoping before Thanksgiving holiday.

I'm so glad I had to reject they MY19 as I later found out about the stealth performance option. Last night, roughly one month after rejecting the LRAWD, my dealer calls and says he has several 2020 stealth performance vehicles destined for Florida :D Went in today and selected a Pearl White with black interior and 19" wheels. I originally wanted a white interior with 18" wheels, but it wasn't a deal killer for me. No date on delivery yet, but hoping before Thanksgiving holiday.

I am also looking for stealth vehicles. Can you please let me know what location did you go to? Do you think the SA would be able to find one for me?

I agree with this, with the caveat that a 2020 would be a year newer as it relates to depreciation. This is mainly because the regular buying public has been trained that there is some difference in cars from model year to model year, rather than the way that tesla does it which is "when they want to" like you say.

As time goes on, people will start becoming more familiar with tesla specific dates, which have nothing to do with model years... such as "what date did hardware 3 get released for model 3s?" or "when did tesla switch glass manufacturers for the roof glass for model 3s?", or "when did tesla put in a longer range battery in XXX model tesla?" which has almost nothing to do with model years.

Again for the OP, there will be no 2020 model year teslas until cars are manufactured in 2020... which is the way it SHOULD be, instead of this silly $%!% of model year 2020 cars coming out in september of 2019.

I need to correct myself on this, as from recent reports, tesla has pivoted on this and is now releasing 2020 MY vehicles starting november of this year.

I dont know if they will re route stealth performance cars. Maybe (for the 2k shipping fee)?

I was offered a MY20 Red/Black/19" stealth today which is in or on route to Jacksonville, FL. There is no charge to have it sent to Coral Gables, FL passed to me if I wanted it; however I'm not sure if they'd pass a delivery cost to the customer if it was rerouted to somewhere out of Florida.

Apparently MY20 stealths are available so if anyone wants one contact your local store and inquire.