Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model S charge port door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes it shuts too far, and the pointed end gets stuck too deep. A plastic knife will convince it to open.
Once it’s open, where the magnet hits, you can spin it to extend it out farther so it doesn’t shut all the way.
This may not be the problem with yours, but, I have seen it on three different Tesla’s.

My 2018 Model 3 charge port door stopped opening and closing automatically. I could open and close manually, but it wouldn’t do it on its own. There is a discussion thread where people were buying motors on eBay and replacing them, and I thought about it. Then I saw a video on YouTube where a guy said just put WD-40 on the black arm that holds the door, so I tried it. It took 3 days or so but it’s working normally now! So happy.

My 2018 Model 3 charge port door stopped opening and closing automatically. I could open and close manually, but it wouldn’t do it on its own. There is a discussion thread where people were buying motors on eBay and replacing them, and I thought about it. Then I saw a video on YouTube where a guy said just put WD-40 on the black arm that holds the door, so I tried it. It took 3 days or so but it’s working normally now! So happy.
I don’t know how to edit my comment, but the wd40 thing only worked for a couple days. I put more wd40 on there and it didn’t help. My charge flap is no longer working.