Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model S long range plus versus 2019 performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I’ve done a ton of research but I am still very new to the Tesla world. I’m looking to purchase my first Tesla this weekend. I’ve been eyeballing two different vehicles. I know everybody has around take but here’s my dilemma and I’d love to get your input. I’m looking at a wrapped matte blue (not my favorite) 2020 long range plus with only 11,000 miles and it has FSD. I know a lot of people don’t care about that and you shouldn’t necessarily pick your car for it but I am actually a fan From what I’ve experienced. The other one is an all black inside and out which is my favorite color combination 2019 performance with the raven refresh with about 32,000 miles. Has enhanced auto pilot no FSD. The 2019 they’re asking 54,000 and the long range plus they’re asking 61,000. I think I can get the long range down to about 57. So either way a couple thousand more for the long range plus most likely. Let me know your thoughts and thank you guys so much. I’m excited to be a part of the community, and this looks to be a great forum.

Suppose it comes down to what's more important: having FSD beta capabilities at time of purchase or getting your favorite color combo and all that ludicrous power.

Personally I'd cast another vote for the 2019. But as my signature profile reveals, I might be coming in with a bias.

The 2019 has the hardware needed to run FSD, just comes down to the cost should you ever decide to activate.

I'd go with the 2020, personally. Will have a newer vintage battery pack, better range, less mileage and longer warranty.

Plus it has FSD (which includes EAP) and of course you can re-wrap it any color you'd like.

Any chance you can get the build date for the 2020? Wanted to see if it would be an -F, -G or -H revision pack. If it's a -G or newer, it'll Supercharge faster than the 2019 as well.

edit: Whoops, realized the original post was from May. Sorry... but I'll leave my questions for posterity's sake.