Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model S Performance 19" Square Wheel Setup...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have had a new to me 2020 MS Performance for a couple of weeks now, just had the pleasure of my first blowout last night at 11pm with the whole family on the way back from a baseball tournament, not very fun, obviously I didn't have a spare and we made due with calling for someone to come pick everyone up while I waited for Tesla roadside to show up (they were great by the way).

I've been shopping aftermarket wheels and was strongly considering 19's for this very reason, I see TSportline offers a nice 19x8.5 square setup ready to go with PS4S tires, what changes when going to a setup like this vs. the factory 21's? It should be more comfortable, but is performance affected at all, an traction issues at full throttle?

Are there any companies out there who have a staggered 19" setup, I'm not looking to go full custom, this is a point a to point b car for us, I want it safe and reliable and unfortunately on a 21 with a 35 series I don't think that's gonna work, curious to hear any suggestions, thanks in advance.

My ideal setup would be an off the shelf
19x8.5 / 19x9.5 setup with 245/265 tires just like the factory setup, I wouldn't mind a little less offset to put the wheels closer to the fenders, not interested in doing anything too aggressive that would cause any rubbing under any circumstances