Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model S with BMW wheels including range impact

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very unintelligent post, but thank you. If you want to drive a stock car, power to you - why are you even on an online forum? Some of us like to modify/change and that's part of the enjoyment for car enthusiasts.

I didn't select the wheel to save pennies. And a forged wheel made for a BMW M car is well made, much more so than the crappy Tesla aero wheel. Wheels aren't magic, as long as you are cognizant of PCD/offset/tire size, safety is never an issue.

Drive safe.
Love your post. Thank you so much. I am coming from being a longtime BMW guy, just sold my 2022 M5 Competition, getting into a model S. Various reasons, one being a less terribly depreciating daily commuter. My wife has a model 3, which made a believer out of me. Anyways, I second the BMW love.

My incoming one is a used 2020 Model S, Long Range Plus. It has the OEM 21" Twin Turbines on it. (21x8.5" front, 21x9.0" rear). I've hoped to downsize to 19" if I can find a classy spoke in silver, gray, (or possibly bronze/gold). I am researching what I can about wheels.

Can OP and/or you guys help me figure something out here? I have a dilemma.

I LOVE the 19" TS Sportline offering TS115, but they state they only offer these for the 2021+ Plaid/LR. (19x10" both front/rear wheels). I emailed them if there was any way I could put the TS115's on my 2020 model S LR+. Of course they said no they were only made for the newest generation S's. There's got to be a way, perhaps they could fit, however they are stated 10" width all 4 wheels.

Your post is encouraging I suppose if I found a different trusted sports brand (I didn't even think to repurpose BMW M wheels, like the M5 CS bronze perhaps) they could fit a 2020 model S LR+.

Is part of the issue for the newer generation TS Sportline (specifically TS115, 19x10" front/rear) or for that matter, any wheel option, that the front 10" width would preclude?

I don't mind a little wider setup, but don't want have any glaring issues with drag due to overly wide for the body, in contrast to 2021+ fenders.

My CS ran 265 front on a 19 inch wheel and 285 rear on a 20 inch wheel. The 763M wheels look pretty awesome. Refresh cars with wider track should definitely get the 763 and they are even lighter than the 437s!

View attachment 887702
So I wound up buying 19" Apex wheels that are replicas of these wheels and DAMN they look good. Once it's nice out, I'll get her all cleaned up and post some pics.