Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X Dent - Cost Estimate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - I was wondering (based on the below photo) what you think the estimated cost would be to repair the dented lower part of the Model X falcon wing door. The plastic panel above the rear wheel has come loose as well and may need to be replaced... I accidentally swiped the door when making a very narrow turn into a garage.

This also resulted in some features (autopilot, steering assist) being disabled (I think?) and was curious if that'd be a easy fix.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you!

IMG_7553.jpg

Hey all - I was wondering (based on the below photo) what you think the estimated cost would be to repair the dented lower part of the Model X falcon wing door. The plastic panel above the rear wheel has come loose as well and may need to be replaced... I accidentally swiped the door when making a very narrow turn into a garage.

This also resulted in some features (autopilot, steering assist) being disabled (I think?) and was curious if that'd be a easy fix.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated - thank you!

View attachment 554784
I backed into a pole and dented the bumper and trunk. $5,500.
Don't ask how I did that with a camera, etc.

Something weird going on with that photo... looking at the front (right side of the photo) looks like the FWD is open as the door handle trim isn’t lining up with the front door however looking at the rear (left of the photo) the seam is lining up with the rear panel so looks like the door is closed. Odd.

Something weird going on with that photo... looking at the front (right side of the photo) looks like the FWD is open as the door handle trim isn’t lining up with the front door however looking at the rear (left of the photo) the seam is lining up with the rear panel so looks like the door is closed. Odd.

Ah yeah - I think the door front door was open