TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2020 Model X firmware

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Tac0Meat, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Tac0Meat

Tac0Meat Member

Just picked up my car today and it looks like the current MX are coming with firmware 2019.40.2.1

I know some made a comment about their cars coming with the old version 9, so figured I'd share.

• Informative x 1
  2. Obsoletion

Obsoletion Member

I got my 2020 X on 11/27 and it had 2019.35.x It's now on 2019.40.2.1

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

It ‘comes with’ whatever was around when the MCU was created. When your VIN is loaded into the update list it gets the current software ASAP which right now is usually 2019.40.2.1.

Not sure what ‘2020’ has to do with anything as the only reason Teslas have years at all is because VINs are required to include them.

• Like x 1
  4. dmckinstry

dmckinstry Model X 2019

A question for those have already received their Model X. Online, the options given are range, performance, wheels, Exterior color, interior color, number of Seats, FSD. I've specified everything but performance. What of options not included/specified? Are those included on all X? e.g. Full range of air suspension, Falcon Wing doors, etc., tech package, automatic door opening, voice activated phoning and navigation Thanks for any clarification. My X has been configured, Registration process completed, and I'm waiting on delivery information.

5. Tac0Meat

Tac0Meat Member

If you get a 6 or 7 seat configuration you'll get dual zone climate control for front / back.
    Page 147 in the current manual.
    That's really the only thing I can think of if you're not in a P model.

6. alphainfinity

alphainfinity Supporting Member

When does Tesla officially switch to 2020 production? Mine was delivered in late September and it is a 19 according to my MVPA.

7. Tac0Meat

Tac0Meat Member

I always thought (legacy car builders) that mid Oct was the start of 2020. Tesla was always different but my VIN says 2020.

8. alphainfinity

alphainfinity Supporting Member

What model year is on your MVPA?

9. davidmac27

davidmac27 Member

I ordered my MX Performance 6 seater on Halloween and it was a 2020. I believe the 2020’s started a few months prior but not sure.

10. spectrum

spectrum Member

Does this really matter? It’s almost a waste of time just to post and see this thread. Just update your car. Updates are cumulative. You’ll have the latest software next time it updates; probably within a day or so.

• Disagree x 1