Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X LR+ - Chicago Pickup Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a 2020 Model X on August 30. LR+, blue, 6 seater, white interior, 20" wheels. Delivered September 19 in Chicago (West Grand location).

Took the Amtrak train from Michigan (hometown) to Chicago Union station. Walked about 1.5 miles to the showroom (beautiful weather!).

Pickup was a breeze. Printed a delivery checklist from these forums which was helpful (especially asking for a key fob lanyard which wasn't provided initially).

No major issues, 2 minor issues:
1) large dirty handprint on the rear seat - was cleanable with baby wipe but very apparent.
2) looks like some clear coat overflow on the spoiler, looks like a frozen water drip but confirmed not ice.

Other than that, everything works great! It was a fun drive along lakeshore drive (which runs right along Lake Michigan) and back to Michigan that evening.

Attachments

• IMG_3655.jpeg
    IMG_3655.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3664.jpeg
    IMG_3664.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: nikeykid and bmah
I have the exact same clear coat drip on my 2020 MX LR +. You’ll likely find several more paint imperfections as you live it’s it a bit and see areas in different light. I was waiting to identify a handful before contacting them to hopefully get all addressed at once. Nothing unlivable, but definitely not what you’d hope for on a $100k car. Out of curiosity, did they say if or how they would address the drip?

I had the same drip, be careful when getting it fixed, some one at service took a blade to it and chipped the entire corner. So now I have a paint chip with touch up paint.

The alternative was to remove the entire spoiler and replace it, but the said that involved removing the rear glass. So i passed on it and settled for their touch up paint fix after chipping off the drip.

I regret pointing it out and should have fixed it myself with a little wet sanding , taking it slowly

Reactions: KDiZ88
Ordered a 2020 Model X on August 30. LR+, blue, 6 seater, white interior, 20" wheels. Delivered September 19 in Chicago (West Grand location).

Took the Amtrak train from Michigan (hometown) to Chicago Union station. Walked about 1.5 miles to the showroom (beautiful weather!).

Pickup was a breeze. Printed a delivery checklist from these forums which was helpful (especially asking for a key fob lanyard which wasn't provided initially).

No major issues, 2 minor issues:
1) large dirty handprint on the rear seat - was cleanable with baby wipe but very apparent.
2) looks like some clear coat overflow on the spoiler, looks like a frozen water drip but confirmed not ice. 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

Other than that, everything works great! It was a fun drive along lakeshore drive (which runs right along Lake Michigan) and back to Michigan that evening.
I ordered my Model 3 on the same day as you and I’m picking it up tomorrow morning (within 6 days of ordering.) It was actually ready on Sunday (4 days) but I freaked out cuz I hadn’t installed a 14-50 outlet to charge yet. I was tripping out cuz initially said 4-8 weeks.