Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order since January for the new Model X but I have some urgency in getting a 7 seat car, my sales advisor told me there's one last car left that is not a refreshed Model X:

- Model X Performance
- 20/11/2020
- White
- Ludicrous
- Autopilot
- Wheels 20'
- Premium interior white cream

104.135EUR

I am afraid it's still too expensive considering the car will lower the value once the refresh is out.

Is anyone in a similar situation? Do you think it's an acceptable price for a performance X?

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what are the out the door costs after the €104k, tax/license/dealer prep etc.?
If it is set up the way you want, personally I would grab it. The biggest benefit being having it right now, and a pre-refresh Performance X is a fine car. I am not certain you are correct about its future value being much less but even so, sounds like you need a 7 seater sooner than later, and you weren’t planning on selling it right away were you?
My prerefresh was delivered in December, if I had been strung along like they’ve done to everyone who ordered a refresh I would have given up and bought used.
Best of luck!

I got mine in Nov 2020, have no regrets as I am actually enjoying the car since, and not waiting for it.

In Europe we should not expect the new version before Q1 2022. So, just weight what’s more important for you.
That's what I'm thinking too. It was changed from September to November and very likely won't get it before.

Just out of curiosity, what are the out the door costs after the €104k, tax/license/dealer prep etc.?
If it is set up the way you want, personally I would grab it. The biggest benefit being having it right now, and a pre-refresh Performance X is a fine car. I am not certain you are correct about its future value being much less but even so, sounds like you need a 7 seater sooner than later, and you weren’t planning on selling it right away were you?
My prerefresh was delivered in December, if I had been strung along like they’ve done to everyone who ordered a refresh I would have given up and bought used.
Best of luck!

That's final price, I expect to invest maybe ~6k more in a wrap, changing the 20' wheels to dark ones and the charger for the garage.

I am also not sure about it losing a lot of value, it is a gamble.

The waiting and the blank answers to simple questions are really making me give up but having a new one seems. It's a weird feeling putting out an order for a 100k car while not knowing what is supposed to come in it.

Thank for the feedback :)

I have an order since January for the new Model X but I have some urgency in getting a 7 seat car, my sales advisor told me there's one last car left that is not a refreshed Model X:

- Model X Performance
- 20/11/2020
- White
- Ludicrous
- Autopilot
- Wheels 20'
- Premium interior white cream

104.135EUR

I am afraid it's still too expensive considering the car will lower the value once the refresh is out.

Is anyone in a similar situation? Do you think it's an acceptable price for a performance X?

Thanks!
I try to sell my Pre Refresh as is similar at the one that offers to you. Add red multicolour and total wrap. It has now run 15.000 km. My sales price is 10.000 EUR higher.
Your information that there a similar new car in Europe makes me understand that my reservation on a new Refresh will cost me more than reservation price from January.
You get a car now not in Q1 2022 and the same range.
Are the features you get in a Refresh worth it compared to a Pre Refresh?
I ask the same question to myself; the difference is I have a car until it´s sold.

I try to sell my Pre Refresh as is similar at the one that offers to you. Add red multicolour and total wrap. It has now run 15.000 km. My sales price is 10.000 EUR higher.
Your information that there a similar new car in Europe makes me understand that my reservation on a new Refresh will cost me more than reservation price from January.
You get a car now not in Q1 2022 and the same range.
Are the features you get in a Refresh worth it compared to a Pre Refresh?
I ask the same question to myself; the difference is I have a car until it´s sold.

I think it's clear Tesla doesn't really care about the current or new customers.

The way the whole "upgrade" was managed so you're locked into a yoke wheel feels so... low?

I actually lost this deal because my SA told me "No need to reserve the car, nobody is looking at it".

I went to visit the car on monday, told her, I will likely take it but confirm today. She said: "No rush, you can confirm later". I called tuesday asking if I can pick up the car until thursday since it already had a plate, she said yes. Wednesday I was going to do the payment and the car was sold out by another coworker.

Tesla just has the better product and they know it... I assume eventually they will start caring about customers once competition arrives.

I actually still want the car because there's not such a thing as a 7-seater with so much luggage space and relatively small sized compared to ICE 7 seaters.

Any information on MX Plaid delivery / status ? Since last we heard that priority given to the more expensive 6 seat orders? Ordered MXP 8\8\21 6 seater -22" Turbine wheels-FSD- Premium white interior in Midight grey.

Last edited: