Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 Model X had a weird issue happen. Was stopped at a red light, car put itself in park, all alarms and icons flashed, could not put car in drive or press the accelerator or the brake. Car turns off on its own and then turns back on. When the car turned back on all alarms and icons appeared again, this time a icon with a SUV shape with an up and down arrow appeared. All power break and steering said it was unavailable and that the car needed immediate service.

Took it to Tesla Service center that day and they could not find any issues in diagnostic, but said they were going to replace the whole center screen. Today (October 8, 2021) they called me to give an update and said my car should be ready within the next day, but the firmware had failed to update twice.

Anyone have or hear of this issue? I’m thinking my car is toast. :(

Some 2020 models reported being dead after XX.32.32 update and needed to be towed to Service Center. Others reported black screen which was traced to the SD card in the MCU getting corrupted during the upgrade process. This is something Tesla will have to fix.

Some 2020 models reported being dead after XX.32.32 update and needed to be towed to Service Center. Others reported black screen which was traced to the SD card in the MCU getting corrupted during the upgrade process. This is something Tesla will have to fix.
I got my car back today, Tesla said it was a “catastrophic hardware failure”. They replaced my 12v battery and replaced the main center screen.