Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ventilated seats are okay, I thought that it was a must have feature until I realized how often I do NOT use them.
Good cooled seats are great, and decent ones are better than nothing. I always had my cooled seats on in my previous vehicle. When I rented an X on Turo before buying mine, it had the ventilated seats, and imo, like plain vented seats, they were worse than regular seats. If the ventilation moved more air (or maybe blew toward you instead of sucking away?), they might be OK, but as it stood, I was hotter on the ventilated seat even with the fan on the highest setting than I was on a regular seat.

Reactions: Soey22
I have always had ventilated seats in all my cars, I had them in my 2017 model S and I loved them, I had them on any time the weather was not cold. My wife hated the ventilated seats, she kept the seat heater on all summer, I guess everybody is different. I just got a new Raven Model X and am worried about what I will do next summer when it gets hot again. I bought a ventilated seat pad that plugs into the cigarette lighter which blows a lot of air but is a pain because it goes over the seat. I wish Tesla still had the seat ventilation built in.

Actually, based on my experience, they weren't very useful for that, either.

yup, hate to said it have it on both X and S, use it every summer season but pretty useless, Tesla’s system draws the air into the seat vs blow air out. I don’t feel any cooling but just the whining sound from the system.