Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model X Vibration in front of vehicle when just about to stop on a (slight) decline and wipers suck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some help on this issue. I have a new model x, about 2000 miles on it. from the get go, when I am stopping always on a slight decline and sometimes level, when I am about to stop and I press on the brakes I get a momentary vibration in the front of the vehicle. This did not happen in my model 3, nor does it happen in my model y. This also doesn't happen on a slight incline either. Maybe someone has some insight on this.

Plus, the wipers suck. Streaks on the drivers side on the return swipe in the rain and makes visibility so poor. I replaced the wiper blade. Is it the wiper, or a defect in the glass? Any help would be appreciated.

As with any issues with any model Tesla, noting the date and time when the problem occurs can help the techs troubleshoot. Although, based on your description of the issue, it sounds like it's something mechanical. The pre-raven Model X's, especially the 2016/17 had the dreaded shudder issue, but I think that's with acceleration, not with braking. Either way, open a service call with your app, since your car is still under warranty, let the service guys troubleshoot it for you.

As for the wipers, I'm only starting to see issues on mine right now, and that's after 44k miles on my 2019 pre-raven MX. Never had an issue when new. I actually love the fact that the washer nozzles are built in on the washers. You said you replaced yours, are they still streaking after you replaced the blades?

Looking for some help on this issue. I have a new model x, about 2000 miles on it. from the get go, when I am stopping always on a slight decline and sometimes level, when I am about to stop and I press on the brakes I get a momentary vibration in the front of the vehicle. This did not happen in my model 3, nor does it happen in my model y. This also doesn't happen on a slight incline either. Maybe someone has some insight on this.

Plus, the wipers suck. Streaks on the drivers side on the return swipe in the rain and makes visibility so poor. I replaced the wiper blade. Is it the wiper, or a defect in the glass? Any help would be appreciated.
Schedule an appointment and have them come out or take it in. It's new and under warranty and they should be able to fix you up.

Experiment with Creep, Hold and Coast mode. I bet it's the brakes kicking in as you stop. Maybe they have not seated well.
Are you using them enough so they are nice and smooth looking?

There is a known issue of a shutter when turning while parking with Hold mode on. Maybe yours it related.

Your windshield has a layer of Scum on it. Normal cleaners won't remove it. Lot's of Tesla's ship that way (Both my Model 3 and X did).

I ended up polishing mine with Griots glass polish, some folks have used Boni-ami (make sure it's the right type) to get it off.