Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model XL rear-ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So not to Jon Prosser myself here, but I’ll shave my eyebrows if that X isn’t totaled. I bet the frame was impacted too, which makes the rest of the damage inconsequential.

Glad you are safe. MORE validation that Teslas are among the safest cars on the road.
Thanks! I just bought a 2018 with plans to sell it when my new one comes in (March?). After having owned the X for 8 months and experiencing 1st hand how it protected us...I don't want to drive anything else!!

Here's a photo of the third row seats. You can see that passenger heads are about where the back corner glass triangles are. I measured from the back of the third row seats to the outside back of the hatch is 24".

Attachments

• PXL_20210606_180715082.jpg
    PXL_20210606_180715082.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 77
The smoke / dust was almost certainly from seatbelt pretensioners. While deploying airbags may have been a losing proposition in this impact (whiplash reduction vs. inherent dangers), pretensioners would have been a no brainer.

Also, the survival space for the third row, if there had been any, appears totally fine.