Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y LR AWD, 13,800 miles, Uberturbine Wheels, Spoiler, Hitch (Atlanta)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am upgrading to a Performance model and am selling my current Model Y. I've received offers for it from Vroom, Carvana, and Car Gurus. I'm posting this and bracing for the blowback from those who will remind me what a new Model Y costs and that I "should just take the existing offer and run." However, I thought I'd list it here and see if there was someone (like me) who needs a vehicle now and who might pay a little more in order to have one immediately. None of the companies that have made offers give any credit for the Uberturbine wheels and Tesla spoiler that I've added, and presumably they intend to resell the car at an even higher price; so, hopefully there is someone like me who is, unfortunately, buying at the peak of the market, but that understands there is value in finding what they are looking for now and would rather buy it from me than from one of the above companies for even more.

In any event, I've been offered $58k from Vroom, $62,690 from Carvana, and $64,855 from Car Gurus (I can provide evidence of this if there's any value in it). I thought I'd see if anyone had any interest at $66,000.

The pictures are not the best, because I just snapped a few in the garage as an afterthought when I was halfway through accepting Car Gurus offer, but I'm happy to send additional photos or FaceTime with any serious buyers. I have the clean Georgia title in-hand. The Car Gurus offer expires on the 28th, so I will likely give this listing a few days and then just sell it to them if there's no interest. Thanks in advance.

Details:

- 2020 LR AWD
- White Exterior
- Black Interior
- Tesla Factory Hitch/Wiring (I added this myself)
- Uberturbine Wheels
- Tesla Performance Spoiler
- 13,800 Miles
- 5 Seat
- VIN ends in 031988 (if that helps with anything; I know I've seen others request this some times)
- Standard Autopilot
- Excellent condition
- Located in Metro Atlanta

IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

I've received offers for it from Vroom, Carvana, and Car Gurus. I'm posting this and bracing for the blowback from those who will remind me what a new Model Y costs and that I "should just take the existing offer and run." However, I thought I'd list it here and see if there was someone (like me) who needs a vehicle now and who might pay a little more in order to have one immediately. None of the companies that have made offers give any credit for the Uberturbine wheels and Tesla spoiler that I've added, and presumably they intend to resell the car at an even higher price; so, hopefully there is someone like me who is, unfortunately, buying at the peak of the market, but that understands there is value in finding what they are looking for now and would rather buy it from me than from one of the above companies for even more.

In any event, I've been offered $58k from Vroom, $62,690 from Carvana, and $64,855 from Car Gurus (I can provide evidence of this if there's any value in it). I thought I'd see if anyone had any interest at $66,000.
That's part of a common complaint with the "big box" algorithmic instant offer companies; that they don't give credit for Tesla-specific features like rare colors (Obsidian Black Metallic), various software features, and other things that you've added or done to the car (and it's something that makes us different--hopefully solving a problem in the marketplace).

You're not wrong that a private party may be willing to pay more, especially someone who needs a vehicle fast. But also, often times the instant offers can be very close (within 1% or even slightly higher), so it's not a bad idea to check around as you've done.

That's part of a common complaint with the "big box" algorithmic instant offer companies; that they don't give credit for Tesla-specific features like rare colors (Obsidian Black Metallic), various software features, and other things that you've added or done to the car (and it's something that makes us different--hopefully solving a problem in the marketplace).

You're not wrong that a private party may be willing to pay more, especially someone who needs a vehicle fast. But also, often times the instant offers can be very close (within 1% or even slightly higher), so it's not a bad idea to check around as you've done.
Thanks for the insight. I was frankly surprised by the offers; they have gone up since I checked a few months back, which is not something you usually see in the used vehicle market. In any event, I'm certainly happy they have, but thought TMC might help me connect with a buyer directly that might have otherwise just wound up buying my car, or one like it, from one of those three dealers anyways. I'm still hopeful, but happy either way. On another note, I've added some new/better photos for anyone interested.

IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2988.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG

Reactions: FindMyElectric