Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y Perf- Loss of Power Assist Steering, Antilock, Traction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DRHoover

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2020
Chicago, IL
Checking to see if anyone else has experienced this issue...
While driving 2020 MY Performance with 5,000 miles, lost power assist steering; antilock braking; traction control; regen braking. Tried soft/ hard rebooting, full power down reset, and also leaving vehicle for 30 minutes. Called into Tesla, after they reviewed errors, was instructed to take it to the service center. They have had it for about a week so far and i was updated yesterday they changed out a defective wiring connector, but it only restored the power steering.

Reactions: Zai Xuda
While driving 2020 MY Performance with 5,000 miles, lost power assist steering; antilock braking; traction control; regen braking. Tried soft/ hard rebooting, full power down reset, and also leaving vehicle for 30 minutes. Called into Tesla, after they reviewed errors, was instructed to take it to the service center. They have had it for about a week so far and i was updated yesterday they changed out a defective wiring connector, but it only restored the power steering.

While this didn’t happen while I was driving, I had pretty much the same list of errors and after 2 mobile visits and 1 service center visit, I was told that they replaced the ABS module. Been a few months and i believe it is fixed now.

Reactions: DRHoover
Update from the service center 1/4/21- They believe the front drive unit is causing the issues, they have ordered a new unit from the factory, but expect it to take a few weeks. The service center rep has been great with updates, but I'm very concerned to have such a major component fail in the first months of ownership.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I attached a pic of my display alerts. Scared the *sugar* out of me. I need service. Today was fine but tomorrow it can haunt me again. 2020 model 3- 8.5k miles

Attachments

• 20210308_091929.jpg
    20210308_091929.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 312
  • 20210304_192723.jpg
    20210304_192723.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Got the 2021 Model Y on May 28, 2021, and first time got the errors: ESP_a053 ABS (anti-lock braking system disabled), UL_a020 Steering assist reduced, DL_a222 Stability control disabled, DL_a039 Regenerative braking disabled, DL_a223 Traction Control disabled on Jun 8, 2021 on the NJTPK. Took in in and they tightened some part that was loose. Again Jul 17, 2021 same errors appeared (tried soft reboot, fun reboot from the Menu) did not work.... Just got it towed away. Any ideas from the community on what might be the issue.

2020 Model Y delivered June 2020
While driving on snowy road (not common in Seattle) abruptly power steering, regenerative braking, traction control... all were disabled. No service appointments available for 3 weeks!! Side note: have been very impressed how the Y drives in snow especially since Seattle wins no prizes for winter road management. Very interested to read other owners have had the same experience.

I have pretty much the exact same issue except j have more alarms occurring like lane departure not available/automatic vehicle hold not available along with all the other alarms listed in this thread. Service center came and towed my vehicle on January 6. They said they ordered a wiring harness and a new module. I'm guessing they mean ABS module. Just waiting for parts now I guess... No idea when they'll get the parts either.

I have pretty much the exact same issue except i have more alarms occurring like lane departure not available/automatic vehicle hold not available along with all the other alarms listed in this thread. Service center came and towed my vehicle on January 6. They said they ordered a wiring harness and a new module. I'm guessing they mean ABS module. Just waiting for parts now I guess... No idea when they'll get the parts either.
Got the car March 2021. Tesla 2021 model 3 Sr+