Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y Performance 465 miles IL Blue/Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Yes. He even included the dealership's URL in at least one of his other postings. I'm guessing this sort of (free) commercial "advertising" violates forum rules and is a reason why he was banned.

Many of us would argue the value of his posts was far in excess of any "damage" caused by the rules violation.

It's not like he posted over-priced cars. Everything was always a really good deal.

Reactions: MXLRplus
Many of us would argue the value of his posts was far in excess of any "damage" caused by the rules violation.

It's not like he posted over-priced cars. Everything was always a really good deal.

I'm just guessing that commercial advertising is the reason why that account was banned. Maybe it was something else.

As far as "really good deals", I think that was largely limited to his postings on Tesla inventory/demo cars which he hasn't done in a while as I think he lost his contact/connection. Other cars, including the one in this listing which even at its reduced price still appears to be $800 above the sticker price of a brand new one, haven't always been such good deals.

Just a generic FYI, the way the admins have set up the rules, commercial vendors must register as a vendor with @danny in order to promote on the site. If someone is a commercial vendor and doesn't register, they're given ample opportunity to do so before any bans are implemented.

Those are merely the rules the site owners have set forth.

I'm just guessing that commercial advertising is the reason why that account was banned. Maybe it was something else.

As far as "really good deals", I think that was largely limited to his postings on Tesla inventory/demo cars which he hasn't done in a while as I think he lost his contact/connection. Other cars, including the one in this listing which even at its reduced price still appears to be $800 above the sticker price of a brand new one, haven't always been such good deals.

Yeah, I have bought a car from them (my wife's Model 3). Some deals are decent (not excellent) and some are flat bad. The Model Y they were trying to push was way overpriced, but they were trying to get the impulse buy, so I get it. My only issue with him was that he wasn't disclosing that he was a dealer in the forums... he didn't hide it, but he didn't promote it, either.

I bought a Bolt from Current Automotive and was very happy working with Seneca, back then it was one of the best priced Bolt's in the country. Seneca was one of the people that initially sold Roadsters way back when, and he also did substantial work around setting up the original Tesla CPO program back when it was good.

The other day I dropped by their shop to drop off a couple of 120 volt charging stations, that a friend of mine fixed for them, and they advised that they are going to focus on Tesla's for a while as that was what was moving for them. You can definitely see that in their inventory now as it used to only be about 25% Tesla and now it's 75%+ Tesla.

I will also say that they are very nice about letting my friends and I test drive cars (except Roadsters of course), and we have sent some business their way.

The user who was banned is not Seneca, and I didn't see the banned user in their office a couple of weeks ago when I stopped by, but it could have been his day off.

I bought a Bolt from Current Automotive and was very happy working with Seneca, back then it was one of the best priced Bolt's in the country. Seneca was one of the people that initially sold Roadsters way back when, and he also did substantial work around setting up the original Tesla CPO program back when it was good.

The other day I dropped by their shop to drop off a couple of 120 volt charging stations, that a friend of mine fixed for them, and they advised that they are going to focus on Tesla's for a while as that was what was moving for them. You can definitely see that in their inventory now as it used to only be about 25% Tesla and now it's 75%+ Tesla.

I will also say that they are very nice about letting my friends and I test drive cars (except Roadsters of course), and we have sent some business their way.

The user who was banned is not Seneca, and I didn't see the banned user in their office a couple of weeks ago when I stopped by, but it could have been his day off.

@Target do you know if there is anyone in the Chicago burbs doing MCU1 EMMC upgrades?

@Target do you know if there is anyone in the Chicago burbs doing MCU1 EMMC upgrades?
I don't know of anyone locally. I was contemplating pulling it and shipping it to one of the vendors in CA.

I was reading recently that Tesla is offering the service to replace the Tegra board for $500 now, so you might explore that option. That is about the price I was quoted from a vendor to do the chip replacement a few months back.

(my car is still under warranty until the spring so I am not doing it yet)