Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y Performance (barely used) or 2021 Model Y LR AWD (New)

Which one would you get, if price is the same?

• 2020 Model Y P (used)

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • 2021 Model Y LR AWD (new)

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters

OCJeff

Feb 18, 2021
SoCal (RSM)
I don’t think most people who return Teslas are due to problems with the car itself.

if you think about it, things like bad batteries, motor issues, fit, finish, (like in the pic below) can be fixed by service under warranty. Yes, the previous owner returned this car like that. And tesla didnt fix that before selling it to me. And while there’s lots of horror posts about terrible service, I don’t think thats a majority of the population. Most people would try to get something fixed under warranty before ditching a car.

no, most returns are probably adapting to the EV lifestyle or personal finance: not getting the printed range, charging issues, employment turned for the worse, hardships etc.
I just love that photo. Sort of a his and hers configuration. What door color do you like? :p

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Hi srlawren,

Yes, I did go ahead with the 2020 Model Y Performance. It is actually a "new" vehicle but it was a demo with 50 kms. It ended up with $9K+ discount so it was a no-brainer.

Hi srlawren,

Yes, I did go ahead with the 2020 Model Y Performance. It is actually a "new" vehicle but it was a demo with 50 kms. It ended up with $9K+ discount so it was a no-brainer.

@Arctic_White congrats on your purchase! In that light (demo with very minimal usage, for that big of a discount), then yes that was indeed a no-brainer. I'm glad you're loving it.

Yes I am loving ours so far too.

Reactions: Arctic_White

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC