Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2020 Model Y Performance Black on Black RARE 1500 miles LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling for a buddy of mine.
2020 Model Y performance ed.
Black on Black with full performance package.
NO FSD
Current mileage is 1550.
Located in Los Angeles.
Asking for $500.00 over MSRP.
He is simply trying to recover as much as possible after paying taxes and doc fee plus taking a loss on new msrp drop yesterday.

Car is perfect. NO WAIT!! Plus you save money.
Asking $61,990+$500.00= $62,490
Car is financed so a bill of sale will be issued and funds will be made to the lender via wire transfer or certified funds and balance will be paid to the owner @ pick up. Contact me directly w any questions and once the terms are met I will arrange the meeting with owner. He is not on the forum and asked me to help w the process.

Y.jpg
Y2.jpg

Last edited:
Even at the corrected price, what is the "you save money" part?

A new one purchased in California would be $62,190 - $2,000 CA rebate = $60,190. He is asking $1,310 above that.
Gotcha, Im unaware of what CA has for rebates being from IL.
Im guessing as well being a private party sale the buyer is saving alot on taxes??

It is what it is.
Price is $61,500.00
If someone wants it hit me up.

Gotcha, Im unaware of what CA has for rebates being from IL.
Im guessing as well being a private party sale the buyer is saving alot on taxes??

It's not a great idea to be "guessing" when making statements or claims regarding sale of a car. At most, perhaps you could have said "potentially save money” (and explain specifically how) as some states do have different tax laws between dealer and private party sales. In many states, especially those with decent EV rebates/credits, this would be ABOVE the price of new.

It's not a great idea to be "guessing" when making statements or claims regarding sale of a car. At most, perhaps you could have said "potentially save money” (and explain specifically how) as some states do have different tax laws between dealer and private party sales. In many states, especially those with decent EV rebates/credits, this would be ABOVE the price of new.
Buyers need to do their own research.
Im simply asking for claification (specifically California)
Im not the IRS so whoever buys the car better know the taxes for private party sale vs dealer sale in their home state.
The potential to save a large amount of sales tax exists.