Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2020 Model Y Performance Black on Black RARE 1500 miles LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7C0A72AB-3405-47D3-8815-63DF463949DB.jpegF82F859F-A410-4774-AD3A-0CA03EA83F9B.jpeg6CAE0B4D-4955-47F3-B4BD-0A1DBE779301.jpeg

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Hmm, mass produced with 8 week wait time.....
Its also not over MSRP.
Msrp is $60,990 plus $1200 in dest= $62190 plus taxes
Thats also after price cut. He was not fortunate as a early adopter to get the $1000 off
Yeah. Mass-produced. As in they will be making hundreds of thousands.

And why does a new owner care that OP paid the extra $1K?

As soon as you drive off the lot, expect a massive depreciation hit. Try and sell the car back to Tesla and see what they offer you.

Yeah. Mass-produced. As in they will be making hundreds of thousands.

And why does a new owner care that OP paid the extra $1K?

As soon as you drive off the lot, expect a massive depreciation hit. Try and sell the car back to Tesla and see what they offer you.
And why does anyone care about your opinion. No one asked you for it.
You dont like it dont buy it.

Most people including yourself either have reduced taxes or you for instance have to pay NO tax so not really sure what the debate here is.

You are postiing saying people will save a lot of money because it is privite party when you have no idea, Also i am trying to find a Y for a friend in San Diego, So just like you helping someone sell the car, i am trying to help a friend (who isn't on the forum) find one to buy, and he would have to pay the same sales tax for used

You are postiing saying people will save a lot of money because it is privite party when you have no idea, Also i am trying to find a Y for a friend in San Diego, So just like you helping someone sell the car, i am trying to help a friend (who isn't on the forum) find one to buy, and he would have to pay the same sales tax for used
Some people will save alot of money some wont, we have already cleared that up. Beating a dead horse here.

Basically if you live in California go buy a new one. There, end of story

You pay taxes on what was paid for the car, so most people would pay the same tax as buying new

Yes, the DMV asks you how much you paid for your used car and then charges you tax accordingly. Suffice to say, there are a lot of people who under report their purchase price. I typically frown on tax evaders, but I can't say I'd judge you for evading double taxation.

Even at the corrected price, what is the "you save money" part?

A new one purchased in California would be $62,190 - $2,000 CA rebate = $60,190. He is asking $1,310 above that.

The $2,000 CA rebate isn't for everyone.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yes, the DMV asks you how much you paid for your used car and then charges you tax accordingly. Suffice to say, there are a lot of people who under report their purchase price. I typically frown on tax evaders, but I can't say I'd judge you for evading double taxation.

The $2,000 CA rebate isn't for everyone.

NJ used to be the same way with used cars, But that works fine for older cars, saying you paid 5k for a brand new 60k car,
they are going to come back to you, NJ used to do it to people

It is a beautiful car, but given the 1500+ miles depreciation on a Premium Model Y, and it not having much of difference between the better priced (base color) LR AWD @ $49,990 vs LR Performance model @ $59,990, Lack of desire and demand for Uberturbine wheels due to loss of range, most people are not getting value for the buck for paying $10K more in current economy.

Market for performance Model Y is small and shrinking at current price range and market conditions. Not to mention, black is the least popular Model Y color (preference order: White , Blue, MSM, Red, Black)

Seller has this car listed for over two weeks across many platforms with no takers should be hint that asking price above the MSRP or even close to MSRP is not working.

Market will probably put this car closer to $55K valuation (8-10% depreciation, a chunk of that can be made whole for SELLER with State Tax Credits/Rebates (where applicable), so Seller's lose is minimal for driving 1500+ miles.

I'm sure JPELKA would agree given he buys many EVs to export, that even he would not offer more than $55K if it was someone else was selling it, and he was making a buyer's offer.

GLWS