Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model Y Stock Continental Tires

mmcmonster

Apr 14, 2014
Allentown, PA
I bought a 6/2020 Model Y Long Range and it came with Continental ProContact tires. The tires don’t say what size they are.
How do I find out what size to order them at my local tire store, and what other tires are considered compatible?

Does Tesla have a list of recommended tires for me?

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
@mmcmonster the 19" Gemini wheels come with Continental Procontact RX in size 255/45R19: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...=Blackwall&partnum=545WR9PCRXXLCOSI&tab=Sizes

I don't know of any list from Tesla, no. However, many in the community have gone with Vredestein Quatrac Pro and seem to quite like them. Their tirerack reviews are far better than the stock Conti's: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...021&autoModel=Model Y Long Range&autoModClar=. (Compare the Survey Stats for those two links, for example, to get feedback from customers. You will notice the Quatracs have far higher scores.)

Are you looking for all season, summer performance tires, or winter tires?

mmcmonster

Apr 14, 2014
Allentown, PA
Just went to my BJs today. They can't get any Continental tires. They recommend Michelin or Goodyear.

I'm looking for all-season tires. I live in North-East Pennsylvania (near Allentown). Get moderate snow in the winter and pretty hot in the summer. Not interested in separate winter tires.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. I'll ask them if they can special order them, but I doubt in. :-/

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Just went to my BJs today. They can't get any Continental tires. They recommend Michelin or Goodyear.

I'm looking for all-season tires. I live in North-East Pennsylvania (near Allentown). Get moderate snow in the winter and pretty hot in the summer. Not interested in separate winter tires.

Thanks for the recommendation of the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. I'll ask them if they can special order them, but I doubt in. :-/

@mmcmonster I'm sure you could order them in through tirerack and then have a local tire shop install them for you (for a fee of course). In fact, you can use the search tool on tire rack's site to find recommended independent installers near you (search by zip code): https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/deliver_installation.html

dino007

May 13, 2021
El paso
I have used tire rack for years now and i order them ship them to my house and just take them to my local tire club for install or if im feeling lazy they will ship them to a partner installer in my area (peb boys and firestone)

that way you aren’t at the mercy of what tires your place of choice has only

I recommend them never have had a problem with tire rack

Reactions: srlawren

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC