Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model year Model 3 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any difference between the plastic pedal and a "hump"?

It seems to be that a hump would be better as it gives more flexibility for left foot placement. That would be especially welcome for taller drivers.
I assume with the pedal you could customize it if you wanted.

Is this the now-missing panel in the front portion of the Frunk that you are referring to?
I'm guessing he meant the foam loomilo piece in the trunk?

Ordered 11/1 (LR AWD), expecting it will be a 2020. Learning that I will need to order a lot of after the fact extras -- phone charge cables, frunk mat, homelink, and possibly something to cover the bolts in the frunk where the bag hooks were.

Ordered 11/1 (LR AWD), expecting it will be a 2020. Learning that I will need to order a lot of after the fact extras -- phone charge cables, frunk mat, homelink, and possibly something to cover the bolts in the frunk where the bag hooks were.

most people get the wireless charger so cables are no big deal. Homelink never came with car so that’s an add on regardless. I thought the drunk hooks would bother me but so far I haven’t been in the frunk that much. Buy stuff like a screen protector and some upgraded lights from abstract ocean

I try and look at the bright side. All this anxiety/uncertainty has cause a lot of folks to turn forums and Facebook groups. Like many, I read everything. It helps pass the time, and I get to live vicariously with the lucky few who scored a Model 3.

More than that, all the "wheel spinning" is a learning exercise. Between reading posts and ocassionally scanning the manual, I'll feel pretty comfortable when I finally get to the delivery center and drive home. I feel like the delivery should be very quick - spotting any defects, sign papers, receive key cards and split.

I don't really need a dog & pony show, just gimme my car dammit!

What is this “door ambient lighting” everyone is discussing?

Are these the puddle lights that shine on the ground when you open the doors? Or so they illuminate what is actually inside the door pockets?

can they be retrofitted?

puddle lights are still there: I felt around in the pocket but didn’t see anything I could plug a lightbulb into.

What is this “door ambient lighting” everyone is discussing?

Are these the puddle lights that shine on the ground when you open the doors? Or so they illuminate what is actually inside the door pockets?

can they be retrofitted?

Inside the pocket.

4:20 in the video:

In case you wanted to know what every light on the Model 3 LR w' Premium Package looks like:

Note: how the lights look on camera may not be entirely representative of how they look to the human eye.

The front center console compartments are LED lit, as well as the front door pockets. Very nice.

The brake/turn/center brake lights look stronger in this video than they do in other vids I've seen.

Rear passengers get door pocket LEDs too!

I ran across an interesting website that shows monthly car sales by country and continent:

Tesla Model 3 European sales figures

The above link shows European Model 3 sales, but parameters are user selectable. I gotta say, I was really surprised by the extent European Model 3 (and Tesla) sales have greatly increased. Here are numbers for Q3 2019:

• Europe 26,201
  • USA 46,850
Not surprisingly, both domestic (and especially) European monthly sales are considerably higher the last month of every quarter. Looking at breakdown by country, Norway and Netherlands are by far the leaders.

If those numbers are close to this quarter, and using last quarters Model 3 production (80,000 or ~6200/week), European deliveries should be satisfied in 4-5 weeks.

Asian sales? Tesla does not break down sales to China, but did note that 8% of their revenue came from China in 2018. Most likely a great majority of those sales were Model S/X.

Note - I put his post here so we can better "guess" when North American production began/begins. The numbers do seem to correlate with information coming from SAs. My guess is that NA production began sometime this week.

Also, it's obvious that overseas production did not occupy 100% of all production. There are many posts and spreadsheet entries showing deliveries to eastern and central time zones with October build dates. I think we can expect a huge increase of VINs this week.

• Informative
Reactions: marnfl and OverEZPZ

I plan to use the frunk hood to cover those bolts ..

luckily tesla hasn't deleted that part from the car yet

So if we order a P3D now it most likely will be a 2020, or no way of knowing for sure?

And I think I saw someone mention something about price increases for 2020? Those go into effect January 1st? Are they significant?

And finally, what's the ballpark timeframe we're looking at now before we can expect delivery, 4-8 weeks? Thanks.

I attended orientation yesterday and when I asked the SA if the car I was going to be receiving was a 2020 he confirmed that I will be. I placed my order on 10/27. The price has stayed the same as when I ordered it. I've never heard the SA sound so positive in response to one of my questions so I tend to believe him with this one.