TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2020 MX LR Shudder

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by JEA_Mod_X, Dec 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JEA_Mod_X

JEA_Mod_X New Member

Took delivery of a MX LR 7 seat, FSD, 20” wheels November 26th (ordered 10/2 FYI). On my 2nd day having it, I put it in reverse and lightly pressed on the accelerator. Had a shudder/clunk, which felt similar to an older vehicle where the u-bolts were a bit loose. Like the axle was twisting under torque. Since I have been able to replicate this in both forward and reverse. It happens when lightly pressing the accelerator from a complete stop. I can make it keep happening if I tap the pedal keeping it under 10 mph or so. Doesn’t seem to do it if I stomp on it.
    Have a service appointment on Dec 30. Will update after that.

2. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

just an fyi, the "shudder" word has a different meaning to most people on here that suffered a vibration in the front end motors at driving speeds of about 30-40 mph. And has since been mostly corrected with new parts. Your problem sounds different, but of course you can call it whatever you want I guess. :)

• Like x 1