Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2020 MY and NEMA 14-50 Adapter

I too am expecting delivery of a model 3 to Fairbanks.
How and when is all a black box.
My concern about charging goes to what I see as an error on the adapter order page:
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Pictured are 8 different adapters, and there are 8 columns in the description chart.
The last one looks like what Home Depot calls a 14-50 but it is listed as a 6-50.
Please somebody help me figure out which I want to buy.
The one listed fourth is said to be a 14-50 but it looks like a 20A 120V to me.

eevee-fan

Dec 2, 2019
Nevada
I too am expecting delivery of a model 3 to Fairbanks.
How and when is all a black box.
My concern about charging goes to what I see as an error on the adapter order page:
Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Pictured are 8 different adapters, and there are 8 columns in the description chart.
The last one looks like what Home Depot calls a 14-50 but it is listed as a 6-50.
Please somebody help me figure out which I want to buy.
The one listed fourth is said to be a 14-50 but it looks like a 20A 120V to me.

Choose 14-50 on the menu at right side, then scroll down to see the adapter. NEMA 14-50 is the one round pin for ground and 3 flat pins for power.

upload_2020-2-17_11-43-38.png

I have a spare 14-50 if anyone is interested. I bought it with the car at the dealer on advice from a friend (Tesla owner), but then ended up buying a wall charger instead to get the improved charging speed. Then I bought the $220 kit for traveling (who knows if I will actually ever use it though :D)

I'll sale for $30 with free shipping in lower 48 if interested.

I have a spare 14-50 if anyone is interested. I bought it with the car at the dealer on advice from a friend (Tesla owner), but then ended up buying a wall charger instead to get the improved charging speed. Then I bought the $220 kit for traveling (who knows if I will actually ever use it though :D)

I'll sale for $30 with free shipping in lower 48 if interested.

am definitely interested, car on the way, electrician coming out to install a 14-50, but no adapter as they’re sold out on Tesla.com. will happily PayPal you $30.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC