Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 collections: vehicle faults and snags.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had the following issues at collection on 11th Dec:

1. Boot misalignment (slight). The SC engineer tried to fix but wasn't able to. A Ranger later came out and adjusted it so that it's slightly better and acceptable, but not perfect.

2. Tiny spot on top edge of rear door that wasn't painted. I let that one go, didn't fancy a panel respray. I'll get a touch up brush.

After 10 days, one of the AP cameras failed. Was replaced by the Ranger, although it took 3 weeks. I'd become terrified of AP and phantom braking by this point, so the failure didn't present any problems. Still haven't used it.

On Xmas Day, the heating failed - would only blow cold air (not great when transporting my elderly mother over a 60 mile journey in freezing temps). I logged a fault call that evening, got a SC appt for 3 weeks hence (!). After a couple of days without heat, I phoned to ask for a quicker appt. Next day, it was working again, and a software release note that wasn't there the day before had appeared on the touchscreen. No call from the SC, but the Ranger later confirmed that they'd downloaded a patch to the car to bypass a dodgy sensor that was reporting the incorrect temp to the heating system, meaning it thought it was warmer than it actually was, so heating was trying to bring the temps down. The patch means that HVAC verifies the temp from a nu,mber of sensors, not just one. Since then, heating has worked fine.

So, a few niggly issues, though nothing severe. I feel kind of lucky,in many ways, but I really like the car. Every day is a school day at this point.