Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So annoyingly, after having mine a month and 1500 miles, my side camera has stopped working. I had hoped I’d got away without this issue
I almost feel sorry for the poor guy at Tesla I complained to - he said he’s already had this conversation several times this week and expects to have several more. His impression was that even if they replace the hardware it’s probably a software issue.

Very annoying

Matches my experience today, except I've only had the car for a week / 110 miles. Right hand AP camera just stopped working, after initially reporting it was blocked. Three weeks till a service slot was available to address that and the boot alignment issue spotted at delivery.. Not impressed with that.

• Informative
Reactions: Chrisgillett
Are we counting this as a win now?

Frankly I was expecting so many that I would give up on TACC during the journey based on what I've read in these forums. I didn't have any when passing wider vehicles with - shall we say - less than ideal lane discipline.

I probably could have phrased my post better, but I will add that I probably would have reacted in some way myself in the situation because of the road layout and lighting I thought for a split second that the lorry was coming on to my side of the road.

Afternoon -
Has anyone noticed a camera alignment issue? When reversing in to a space my right camera showed me as being nice and parallel but my left camera was showing the space line at an angle. My actual position was plum centre and straight on both sides....

Collected my M3 LR on 19th December at Thorpe park. Almost perfect except right rear window makes a squeak while going up and down. Will get it looked at.
Just a quick question - Looks like my car is not registered with DVSA. Do we need to notify DVSA? Or does Tesla do it? When do we get V5C?
Has anyone got 1 year free super charging?

Collected my M3 LR on 19th December at Thorpe park. Almost perfect except right rear window makes a squeak while going up and down. Will get it looked at.
Just a quick question - Looks like my car is not registered with DVSA. Do we need to notify DVSA? Or does Tesla do it? When do we get V5C?

This is my 3rd car, and I always got the V5C few weeks later. This is the norm for any car maker.

I will collect my M3 LR tomorrow, today I have called asking for the free SC, and I have been told I will get it starting from the 1st of Jan. Between now and the 1st I will have to pay. (this is what I have been told)

Tesla inform the DVLA, I got my V5 on 21st after picking up on the 17th. Not sure how that will work for a Saturday. pickup and Christmas post, but my guess is that your documents are already on the way.

You can use the DVLA MOT status checker to see if you car is on their system: Check the MOT status of a vehicle

That will show tax and MOT status from the Reg number along with the details of the car and when the V5C was issued (if it has been issued).

Just took delivery of my M3 SR+ home delivery. Contactless delivery too. Very quick all done in 5 mins.

App worked straight away.

Had a quick look at everything and all looks great I have to say. Made up with it.

Will have a proper look in the morning with better weather.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Moderator comment - to prevent multiple new car delivery posts, posts moved from "New Car Day"

So I collected my 2021 M3P a day early from Leeds.

Absolutely love the car, proper chuffed with it.

Just a couple of paint issues to fix and the car has already been booked in a Manchester in a few week but everything else seems to be spot on.

Super smooth handover and couldn't fault anything.

IMG_0192.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I collected my 2021 M3P a day early from Leeds.

Absolutely love the car, proper chuffed with it.

Just a couple of paint issues to fix and the car has already been booked in a Manchester in a few week but everything else seems to be spot on.

Super smooth handover and couldn't fault anything.

View attachment 624696
Congrats on the new motor. I do like the none chrome additions to the updated model

One item you need to mention to Tesla: Who ever parked your car has hit the traffic cone. They need to remove the paint off your licence plate :eek: