Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just an update, had a call from Tesla, not only is my camera not working, Chelmsford are no longer accepting any new cars onsite so the car is being rerouted to Dartford, not a great first impression! All delivery from Chelmsford are being cancelled.

EDIT: They said its something to do with new superchargers going in so they can't get the transporters in.

That's poor show. I'm due to pick up from Chelmsford on the 16th so presumably I wait for the same phone call.

So just an update, had a call from Tesla, not only is my camera not working, Chelmsford are no longer accepting any new cars onsite so the car is being rerouted to Dartford, not a great first impression! All delivery from Chelmsford are being cancelled.

EDIT: They said its something to do with new superchargers going in so they can't get the transporters in.
lol, so looks like another delay is incoming!

oh no! Sorry to hear this. If it makes it any better I just took delivery from Dartford and they were really nice, loads of cars around but it didn't feel busy with people.

So delivery day. My head really hurts now from trying to put into practice all the stuff you read about. Did a serious inspection before driving away, everything as expected... had to ask for the mudflap extensions but they wasted no time in getting some.

TPMS was warning on all 4 tyres until I'd had a little drive around and the pressure came up. At least TPMS is working!

I noticed the front windows weren't quite flush with the centre pillar, they just came out a slight bit, the delivery guy thought it might be the double pained glass meaning it's slightly off now. I'm not convinced, but it's extra picky, and so long as there's a good seal it's fine for me.

Had 80% charge when I got in for delivery but still headed down the nearest supercharger to pop that cherry. I failed big time with this. Luckily it was quiet to save the embarrassment. Pulled up at the first post, couldn't get the CCS from the post, didn't want to force it so tried all the posts and had the same issue.. then thought I'd give the type 2 a shot - 'should still work right it's just slower?' I thought.. But I couldn't get that to push into the car, so, tried a different post, and same thing. I now read that the type 2 is MS/MX, and CCS is M3. So I will return one day to try and get the CCS from the post. DOH!

Left side camera faulty, I think this is similar to others. Although I was told yesterday that it was the rear repeater and so reversing would not have the camera.. so I think either I or they were confused. Anyway, trying to book a service appointment and it won't accept any location I put in that is frustrating. One to try when i go to test the lights later.

Good news is; I scuffed a rim on the way home. A bird pooed on it the moment I parked up at home. And the wife directed us to a road with a width restriction in our first random drive. Good to get these things out of the way! o_O

If its any consolation, everyone else appreciates you taking one for the team.

Too soon?

Reactions: StevehConwy
Pulled up at the first post, couldn't get the CCS from the post, didn't want to force it so tried all the posts and had the same issue.. then thought I'd give the type 2 a shot - 'should still work right it's just slower?' I thought.. But I couldn't get that to push into the car, so, tried a different post, and same thing. I now read that the type 2 is MS/MX, and CCS is M3. So I will return one day to try and get the CCS from the post. DOH!

There's a bit of knack to releasing the Supercharger CCS cables ... lift and pull out at an angle usually does it ... but be warned: With the Superchargers that have 2 cables such as you describe you can be so focussed on pulling the upper CCS cable out (or in latching it back after charging) that you inadvertently dislodge the lower cable ... this falls down and can cause damage to your car because you are normally backed up so close. I now steady the lower cable whilst latching/unlatching the CCS. Take care, this is a thing!

So delivery day. My head really hurts now from trying to put into practice all the stuff you read about. Did a serious inspection before driving away, everything as expected... had to ask for the mudflap extensions but they wasted no time in getting some.

TPMS was warning on all 4 tyres until I'd had a little drive around and the pressure came up. At least TPMS is working!

I noticed the front windows weren't quite flush with the centre pillar, they just came out a slight bit, the delivery guy thought it might be the double pained glass meaning it's slightly off now. I'm not convinced, but it's extra picky, and so long as there's a good seal it's fine for me.

Had 80% charge when I got in for delivery but still headed down the nearest supercharger to pop that cherry. I failed big time with this. Luckily it was quiet to save the embarrassment. Pulled up at the first post, couldn't get the CCS from the post, didn't want to force it so tried all the posts and had the same issue.. then thought I'd give the type 2 a shot - 'should still work right it's just slower?' I thought.. But I couldn't get that to push into the car, so, tried a different post, and same thing. I now read that the type 2 is MS/MX, and CCS is M3. So I will return one day to try and get the CCS from the post. DOH!

Left side camera faulty, I think this is similar to others. Although I was told yesterday that it was the rear repeater and so reversing would not have the camera.. so I think either I or they were confused. Anyway, trying to book a service appointment and it won't accept any location I put in that is frustrating. One to try when i go to test the lights later.

Good news is; I scuffed a rim on the way home. A bird pooed on it the moment I parked up at home. And the wife directed us to a road with a width restriction in our first random drive. Good to get these things out of the way! o_O

What are the mudflap extensions? Are they included in the UK?

Reactions: Chrisgillett
There's a bit of knack to releasing the Supercharger CCS cables ... lift and pull out at an angle usually does it ... but be warned: With the Superchargers that have 2 cables such as you describe you can be so focussed on pulling the upper CCS cable out (or in latching it back after charging) that you inadvertently dislodge the lower cable ... this falls down and can cause damage to your car because you are normally backed up so close. I now steady the lower cable whilst latching/unlatching the CCS. Take care, this is a thing!

Priceless advice. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: TheFuturist
What are the mudflap extensions? Are they included in the UK?

I haven't looked in detail yet actually. I asked customer services before
e taking delivery about the added protection and they emailed saying "You Model 3 will come with mud guards to the rear. You will also find extensions within your boot. These can be added should you want more protection."

I haven't looked in detail yet actually. I asked customer services before
e taking delivery about the added protection and they emailed saying "You Model 3 will come with mud guards to the rear. You will also find extensions within your boot. These can be added should you want more protection."

This is interesting. I do not have extensions. Can we confirm if I was supposed to have??

So just got back from picking up the car in dartford. When I arrived wasn’t clear where to go as, as you enter there was a cone saying deliveries but no person. I eventually went round the side seeing a sign for sales. At the door was a QR code to fill in a form to check in. I’d walk past my car all nicely parked up and plugged in so once checked in I had a quick look around and everything seemed great.

A few moments later a guy came out and handed me the key. He asked for my drivers licence and I needed to sign. Then was left to my own devices and asked to give back a tag hanging on the rear-view mirror. Followed a checklist from earlier mainly checking the key things and everything looked spot on.

By the time I was done no one seemed around to hand back the tag eventually another person waiting went into the building to find someone and apparently I could have just dropped it inside. Anyway wasn’t too long before I was on my way. I had a nice journey back home, on M25 initially so autopilot calibrated quickly and was straight away smiling as I accelerated to join. Having got the SR+ I was worried about it feeling slow but it is great.

All in all very happy so far. By the time I got home 30mins later it was in the app and I have set up my phone key.

Good luck to everyone else still to collect
View media item 122095View media item 122094

Last edited:
So just got back from picking up the car in dartford. When I arrived wasn’t clear where to go as, as you enter there was a cone saying deliveries but no person. I eventually went round the side seeing a sign for sales. At the door was a QR code to fill in a form to check in. I’d walk past my car all nicely parked up and plugged in so once checked in I had a quick look around and everything seemed great.

A few moments later a guy came out and handed me the key. He asked for my drivers licence and I needed to sign. Then was left to my own devices and asked to give back a tag hanging on the rear-view mirror. Followed a checklist from earlier mainly checking the key things and everything looked spot on.

By the time I was done no one seemed around to hand back the tag eventually another person waiting went into the building to find someone and apparently I could have just dropped it inside. Anyway wasn’t too long before I was on my way. I had a nice journey back home, on M25 initially so autopilot calibrated quickly and was straight away smiling as I accelerated to join. Having got the SR+ I was worried about it feeling slow but it is great.

All in all very happy so far. By the time I got home 30mins later it was in the app and I have set up my phone key.

Good luck to everyone else still to collect
View media item 122095View media item 122094
Congratulations, that's absolutely great! Very pleased to hear about a positive experience and glad to read a bit of detail about how it went.

I'm scheduled for collection from Chelmsford on Tuesday 1st December, although having read a few things on here about Supercharger installations getting in the way, we'll have to wait and see, it might end up being Dartford after all!

Enjoy the car :)

For anyone wanting to compare timelines, I received the allocation text on Wednesday 4th November, delivery schedule text on Thursday 5th November, I received my registration number yesterday (Tuesday 24th November) and the invoice requesting payment this afternoon (Wednesday 25th November). Fingers crossed the collection goes alright!