Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a pic of the Tesla flaps fitted to my 2020 M3.
Tesla-front-flaps.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Cloggie
Had my Model 3 delivered today - late afternoon so could inspect the outside. Pair of mud flap extenders in the boot (along with the two charge cables).

There's a ding in a passenger door (AnyVan have before and after photos which should show if it was damaged in transit). Boot alignment looks like it could be better, slightly down on the left with very little margin to the body once closed. Haven't had time to check the other details, will try to do that tomorrow morning. Might even wash it?

The big surprise was it came with the wrong number plates (final letter changed), called Tesla to confirm. Hats off to the AnyVan driver who offered to pickup new plates from Tesla on his final collection of the day, since he'd be coming back our way again this evening.

Happily the alternative plates had not been allocated to another customer, and Tesla suggested registering them with the DVLA as long as my insurance company was happy with the switch - top marks to LV who did that over the phone free of charge.

Reactions: Medved_77
Benny’s Spaceship took off from Tesla Birmingham today. Apologies for the rubbish photo.
Panels, gaps and trim all perfect, all cameras working fine. Only things I could find were a tiny stone chip on the near side sill and when I got home I noticed they hadn’t fitted the splash guards. Neither were they in the boot or frunk.
App access came on in the time it took me to walk back to the car from signing the acceptance. They’d charged it to 90%, seemingly on the supercharger the day before. Annoyingly it appears my lease company didn’t use my referral code when they said they did as there’s no sign of referral miles in my app or the website.

#teamblue #needsabloodygoodclean

818CCE38-4EE5-47CA-BC5F-8956764C1604.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

Finally took delivery of mine today in Edinburgh.

App access was completed while I was sorting mirrors and things, so it was slightly disconcerting to have the car reboot without warning - but they came running out to apologise for not warning me.

Have only done a brief inspection because I had a long drive home and I'd already been there way longer than I expected as they were so busy. I need to have a proper look around tomorrow and go through the checklist, but so far I've not found any problems.

Car has 48.10 installed already, I had TACC on a lot of the way home and only had one phantom braking incident when passing under a low bridge on a curve and a lorry came through the other way, so I expect the software just misread the situation as the lorry being on the wrong side of the road or it was confused by the harsh shadow from the bridge.

Massive smile when I first gave the, er..., loud pedal a proper push coming off a roundabout onto a dual carriageway. That performance is a bit mental, I can't see that ever getting old.

A couple of you have mentioned mudflaps in the last few posts. I’ve just had some installed today and I’m really not happy with them. They are ridiculous and are less than 2 cm from the road while static and me not in it! Going round corners they scratch the ground. Can anyone comment? Have they fitted the wrong ones? I really want them off straight away! I can’t believe this is how it’s supposed to be.

A couple of you have mentioned mudflaps in the last few posts. I’ve just had some installed today and I’m really not happy with them. They are ridiculous and are less than 2 cm from the road while static and me not in it! Going round corners they scratch the ground. Can anyone comment? Have they fitted the wrong ones? I really want them off straight away! I can’t believe this is how it’s supposed to be.
The extensions are too long for the car, really not sure what Tesla were thinking. They'd perhaps be OK on the Model Y with the extra ground clearance.

The flaps are two pieces, you should be able to pull off the lower half and use some glue gone to get rid of any residue if it's stubborn.

Here's my set for reference:

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

The extensions are too long for the car, really not sure what Tesla were thinking. They'd perhaps be OK on the Model Y with the extra ground clearance.

The flaps are two pieces, you should be able to pull off the lower half and use some glue gone to get rid of any residue if it's stubborn.

Here's my set for reference:

Tesla All Weather Protection Kit - Anyone in the UK Been Contacted?

Ahhhhh. Super. Just looked, the rubber extension bits will come off super easily. That will be much better - a nice middle ground.

Took delivery this morning, was so excited I'm sure I forgot to check things.

Only things wrong were mud flaps missing which they told me to book in to have them fitted.
The only other issue I noticed when getting home is the plastic on the drivers door where it shuts had come loose. Will be reporting this for service also.

Apart from that no other major issues.

I will ask is the "Front" camera meant to be working on the sentry mode playback? Mine isn't and I'm a little concerned.

It's on charge now and looking amazing. Few photos attached

20201218_112641.jpg 20201218_114008.jpg

Attachments

• 20201218_112641.jpg
    20201218_112641.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Zakalwe
It's finally happened. Picked her up at Birmingham today. So happy.

Was the blue one to the left reg ending NDC? Looks like it could be ours - we collected her on Wednesday!

Just for context of the posts with people having issues, I can confirm Wednesday's car was also spot on. No side repeater problems, alignment issues, or fit and finish / build quality issues. No mud guards on this one though.

So annoyingly, after having mine a month and 1500 miles, my side camera has stopped working. I had hoped I’d got away without this issue
I almost feel sorry for the poor guy at Tesla I complained to - he said he’s already had this conversation several times this week and expects to have several more. His impression was that even if they replace the hardware it’s probably a software issue.

Very annoying

• Informative
Reactions: Horatio Alger
So annoyingly, after having mine a month and 1500 miles, my side camera has stopped working. I had hoped I’d got away without this issue
I almost feel sorry for the poor guy at Tesla I complained to - he said he’s already had this conversation several times this week and expects to have several more. His impression was that even if they replace the hardware it’s probably a software issue.

Very annoying

I gave a Ranger visit on the 24th, not sure if they’ll have stock by then, but my charge port needs fixing too. The camera issue does seem to be affecting numerous cars.