Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a helpful change ... on existing cars you have to look up to make sure you don't press the SOS button instead of the hazards ... and the buttons are not marked with contrasting colours, just an imprint on the moulded plastic!
IMG_5561.jpg IMG_5559.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: NewbieT and Adopado
Also no mud flaps at the front wheels at all, may need to get some - I wonder if they more confident in the paintwork now.

Also no commando adapter with the UMC, I did ask after I first checked over the car with a checklist, only three pin socket with the UMC and obviously a type 2 cable. As nothing said it would come with these, I accepted this. I went through the checklists others linked in another thread.

Yeah I was sort of expecting a commando adapter too. Wasn't sure why I thought it would be included, so didn't say anything when it wasn't there...

Wow that's the earliest I've seen I think! Where are you collecting from?

I rang up today to give the nudge on the final invoice so I can pay. Got the reg number sent at the same time, she said the reg number should be auto-SMSed 7 days before (I collect next Tuesday). I was unclear on the mudguard extensions being included or not, so got confirmation that they are included... another thing for the checklist!

Got mine today, was told it was the 2nd Q4 (2021) collection they've had. Not sure how true that is of course...

The overhead SOS button being removed has made me think, why was it there to being with?
Has regulations changed or something?
May be there was too many complaints of the SOS button been activated by mistake.
In this case the operator still needs to verify if there is an emergency by asking a laundry list of questions.
This happened to Bjørn Nyland in one of his videos, and since he was testing a car and not the owner, this was complicated.

Also no commando adapter with the UMC, I did ask after I first checked over the car with a checklist, only three pin socket with the UMC and obviously a type 2 cable. As nothing said it would come with these, I accepted this. I went through the checklists others linked in another thread.

Yeah I was sort of expecting a commando adapter too. Wasn't sure why I thought it would be included, so didn't say anything when it wasn't there...

Commando hasn't been part of standard UMC for a long time. Sounds like the check lists need updating?

Charging Connectors

upload_2020-11-19_23-13-46.png

Reactions: Andy718
Same! I feel a bit like a kid at Christmas. Last night I was actually pretty relaxed but this morning every time my phone makes a sound I leap on it!
7:58, no text yet.

When mine was delivered yesterday I didn’t get my text until after the guy left ..... lol. keep an eye on your emails too, as you’ll need to sign the electronic delivery form this finishes the whole process

• Helpful
Reactions: Chrisgillett