Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @Wuddie what firmware is your car on? Mine came with 2020.35, thought would have came with the latest.?

Cars are not normally delivered with particularly recent software. Often its an odd version (such as your 2020.35) not normally seen as part of normal OTA updates. Its not unusual for it to take several weeks to get the first OTA update, but may be much sooner. Other than the standard/advanced software setting, which I am not convinced has significant effect (such as still getting early updates on standard), you can not control when you get an update. It will come when Tesla choose for your particular car, which may differ from someone else's otherwise identical car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ledzep
It’s arrived! Interestingly, my delivery text arrived after the car :D
First impression, it is lurvely. Can’t see any obvious marks but it’s raining so I’ll have to wait.
The new aero wheels are very good, no desire to remove them.

silly question. The app coming live. Do I have to do anything? I have returned the email delivery signed form. It is now just a matter of waiting?

Reactions: Irata
It’s arrived! Interestingly, my delivery text arrived after the car :D
First impression, it is lurvely. Can’t see any obvious marks but it’s raining so I’ll have to wait.
The new aero wheels are very good, no desire to remove them.

silly question. The app coming live. Do I have to do anything? I have returned the email delivery signed form. It is now just a matter of waiting?

make sure you sign the digital delivery form they send you via email , then it will all go live at some point. Mine came yesterday morning and didn’t go live until about 8pm

• Helpful
Reactions: Chrisgillett
The vin sticker that's inside the passenger door, next to the sticker with tyre and loading information... Mine does not show a build date? It has vin, some other sequence of characters that doesn't look anything like a date and a QR code.

Is there any way I can find out the exact build date?

Just had a delivery text to track....
SMS Text.png

Reactions: Irata
I’ve had the opportunity to pour over the car internal and externally (as best I can with rain). I can’t see anything wrong!

Either I have been lucky, the build quality has improved, or the occasional bad egg was well discussed?

Now I just need the app to activate and try those features. Then I might even drive it more than a mile!?

Happy car day for me :cool:

Reactions: 15Peter20
I’ve had the opportunity to pour over the car internal and externally (as best I can with rain). I can’t see anything wrong!

Either I have been lucky, the build quality has improved, or the occasional bad egg was well discussed?

Now I just need the app to activate and try those features. Then I might even drive it more than a mile!?

Happy car day for me :cool:
Blasphemy!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Chrisgillett