Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So long to wait! Being delivered on the 10th December so still two weeks away.

Home charger is installed and all ready to go.

Question how far is the range on the phone to unlock the car? My car will be parked about 3 or 4m (the other side of a brick wall ;)) from where I sit in my living room. I was wondering if that would trigger it to be unlocked all the time if I am too close to it.

So long to wait! Being delivered on the 10th December so still two weeks away.

Home charger is installed and all ready to go.

Question how far is the range on the phone to unlock the car? My car will be parked about 3 or 4m (the other side of a brick wall ;)) from where I sit in my living room. I was wondering if that would trigger it to be unlocked all the time if I am too close to it.
You need to be really close to the car (<1 meter) for the car to unlock based on the proximity of your phone key.
If you open the app to unlock the phone you can be anywhere in the world!

• Helpful
Reactions: Niasku
Model X price increased for March deliveries by £5k - with speculation about a major design refresh!

I've got a Model X being delivered Late December (hopefully) - but I think I'm okay with this, as I really like the current design and the range is absolutely fine.

I just got my text! Delivery scheduled for the 19th at 12pm (literally as RCC Amsterdam leaves Panama). Interestingly, I am picking it up from Stains Rd, Chertsey rather than Park Royal which is the location I had selected :D

Order Date: 21/09/2020
Allocation Text: 11/11/2020
Delivery Text: 27/11/2020
Collection Date: 19/12/2020

Spec: Pearl White M3 Performance with White Interior & FSD

Super excited!

Reactions: Irata
Me too! Picking it up from Leeds on 5th at 10:30 - have you recieved your number plate or contract / payment detaisl yet?

Hi luke2102, hopefully I’ll see you there! I’ll be the guy in the Golf GTD (trade in) with the long beard! As for any paperwork, it’s all completed according to my account and a Tesla advisor said there’s nothing to fill in on the day, just inspect the car, take your keys and go. Not received a reg or VIN as yet.

For those who have taken delivery, did you manage to specify the login for the account you wanted your car to be associated with? I'm getting a company lease so my current login is associated with my company email address but my preference would be to use a personal email address login for the account and app for the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloggie
What are your thoughts on the standard tyres the M3 LR will be delivered with? I think they are Michelin PS4 acoustic from what I have been able to find online. These are summer tyres and we are going into winter, so maybe not the right tyre to have.

According to this YouTube video (starting around the 3:20 mark) they're Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on the 18" wheels "same as the previous model" but he doesn't say if that's the all season or summer variant.