Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annoying, rather than concerning, that there seems to be such a large issue with these cameras. Good to see that ranger appointments are being set up reasonably quickly to resolve them. I guess it shows that Tesla are fully up to speed with the issue and as was mentioned earlier they'd rather get the cars out and fix them a few weeks later rather than suffer the horrendous expense of holding them in California until updated.

Of course, it also means they hit all their Q4 targets...

I pick mine up from Thorpe Park in 10 days. Getting excited!

• Informative
Reactions: Jibjab
It’ll be interesting to see if the camera problems are still there on the batch of cars due to arrive imminently off Grand Aurora or the next ones on Glovis Crystal and RCC Amsterdam. There must have been a point where they noticed a problem and corrected it surely?

Collected mine today.

Just thought I’d mention the following given the amount of posts about issues. No camera issues. Car is amazing, truly. Excellent build quality and no panel gap or trim problems. Only issue I noticed was a loose mudguard but the dealer replaced it no quibbles in about half an hour.

Overall it has exceeded my expectations, it’s amazing to drive.

One thing that has taken me aback is it’s smaller than I anticipated, and the ground clearance is really quite low.

45CF77FB-EF9D-4387-BED7-8EC4E0EC5E21.jpeg

And here’s a photo. Love the pearlescent white, looks stunning under different light conditions. And the chrome delete/black handles.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

On the camera issues people are mentioning. Mine seems totally fine, but if I drive at night, I quite often get a message saying 'Multiple Cameras blocked or blinded' I only get this when it's fully dark, and I believe it's to door pillar cameras. I just wanted to check if this was normal and if others have similar things happen at night, or if this is the faulty camera issue we speak of? I thought the camera issue largely was found with the front wing cameras, to which mine seem totally fine.

And here’s a photo. Love the pearlescent white, looks stunning under different light conditions. And the chrome delete/black handles.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Congrats, it looks very nice!

The pearl white surprised me too and subsequently changed my mind about getting it wrapped. #teamwhite

Agreed. Always been a fan of well polished Black, but my last car was Pearl White, and it looks stunning. I'm not sure the Tesla pearl has quite as much depth, but still, definitely a convert.

It shows dirt badly, but hides microswirls in the paint. More time cleaning but less time polishing out the swirls.

On the camera issues people are mentioning. Mine seems totally fine, but if I drive at night, I quite often get a message saying 'Multiple Cameras blocked or blinded' I only get this when it's fully dark, and I believe it's to door pillar cameras. I just wanted to check if this was normal and if others have similar things happen at night, or if this is the faulty camera issue we speak of? I thought the camera issue largely was found with the front wing cameras, to which mine seem totally fine.

I noticed this last night as I drove it in the dark down some lanes. I think it’s normal in the dark as they can’t see. Particularly in rural lanes. I think the wording is a little ambiguous as it leads you to think they need cleaning or they’re obscured.

Agreed. Always been a fan of well polished Black, but my last car was Pearl White, and it looks stunning. I'm not sure the Tesla pearl has quite as much depth, but still, definitely a convert.

It shows dirt badly, but hides microswirls in the paint. More time cleaning but less time polishing out the swirls.

Agreed although the mudguards seem very effective in stopping the sides getting plastered in mud!

Agreed although the mudguards seem very effective in stopping the sides getting plastered in mud!
You say this but I noticed a massive difference between the amount of dirt the stock mudguards actually protected and the aftermarket ones I replaced them with. To think I only brought them as at the time of my order it didn't come with them but I am so glad I did.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha

If it's happening on unlit roads, it's not unusual.

Reactions: LA13
I noticed this last night as I drove it in the dark down some lanes. I think it’s normal in the dark as they can’t see. Particularly in rural lanes. I think the wording is a little ambiguous as it leads you to think they need cleaning or they’re obscured.
That's good to hear then, this is rural lanes, so I guess the cameras don't have white lines to effectively position properly.

You say this but I noticed a massive difference between the amount of dirt the stock mudguards actually protected and the aftermarket ones I replaced them with. To think I only brought them as at the time of my order it didn't come with them but I am so glad I did.

I will definitely consider some aftermarket ones then. I was saying it coming from a car much much worse for mud being sprayed up the sills!