Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which ones did you get?

I will definitely consider some aftermarket ones then. I was saying it coming from a car much much worse for mud being sprayed up the sills!
I got these and the difference was night and day.

At first, I wasn't going to replace them, but on the white, the dirt/muck was too much to ignore. Don't even bother with the added extensions that were supplied with the car, utter useless imo - hardly any clearance at all.

• Informative
Reactions: john19951 and init6
I got these and the difference was night and day.

At first, I wasn't going to replace them, but on the white, the dirt/muck was too much to ignore. Don't even bother with the added extensions that were supplied with the car, utter useless imo - hardly any clearance at all.
I do wonder if the extensions could be replaced with a flexible rubber, like a universal mudflap to avoid the issues with clearance.

Got confirmation that the parts, I assume just total replacement, for the left side rear repeater (rear facing passenger side camera) have arrived today at Dartford SC. So hopefully no one picking up from next week will have the problem!

If they have been like that for a while (several days with the car connected to wifi), raise a service request and they should be able to clear the issue and get a fresh download.

It took a couple of attempts for us with fallout shelter as I don't think the first time it was cleared down properly and I had to do several checks to prove the issue was still there. Straight forward the second time, no checks, it just came down all on its own and had I not been keeping an eye out for it at the time, I wouldn't have noticed. iirc it may have coincided with a software download but they are completely different things - only take a few mins to download.

• Helpful
Reactions: 512uk
Thanks. Done one service request and they pushed down the latest firmware again but still no joy unfortunately. Fallout, Stardew and Cuphead are the broken ones.

So perhaps worth doing another request?

Is there any way of doing these sorts of requests via the app without booking a service appointment either mobile or at a dealer?

If you have double checked in the car that they are still definitely not there or waiting/available (yellow download icon), I would give it a few more days before trying again. They do sneak in under the radar and on the couple of times that I have seen an entertainment download, I'm not convinced that they are labelled obviously. On at least one of the occasions, I thought it was a regular software update, but only became suspicious when it downloaded so quick.

Unfortunately, you cannot trigger this by yourself and it doesn't help that its not always handled on first attempt - my take from this and other instances that within service requests there can be different levels of awareness of some problems, lack of continuity and how they need resolving.

• Helpful
Reactions: 512uk
Got my appointment, called up and spoke to a very helpful lady, things were being held up by my trade in, and the car is about to arrive on site. Earliest I could get off work was Friday, so they booked me in for then. Its at Chelmsford, so I presume they are doing deliveries again.

How many days before your pickup have you received the text from Tesla informing you of the date? We have ordered a M3SR+ via a leasing company but unfortunately you don’t get any more info from the leasing comp. All we know it was ordered but we have no RN number.
Do you get a text about a week before pickup?
How long did it take between the car being unloaded in Southampton and your delivery. We will probably pick up from Thorpe Park.

i think I was more patient as a child waiting for Father Christmas than I am now waiting for my Tesla ;-)

How many days before your pickup have you received the text from Tesla informing you of the date? We have ordered a M3SR+ via a leasing company but unfortunately you don’t get any more info from the leasing comp. All we know it was ordered but we have no RN number.
Do you get a text about a week before pickup?
How long did it take between the car being unloaded in Southampton and your delivery. We will probably pick up from Thorpe Park.

i think I was more patient as a child waiting for Father Christmas than I am now waiting for my Tesla ;-)

i got my confirmation text today including my number plate for pick up next Saturday from Thorpe park.

getting excited!

Collected today and I haven't stopped smiling since !!

Picked up from SC Dartford and arrived a little early (1 hour early, to be exact, such a child !!).

They process was really smooth and the staff very friendly and engaging. Not at all irked by the fact I was there jiggling around like an overgrown kid that's eaten too many E numbers.

The car sitting on one of their slow gen 2 chargers, they don't have any superchargers there, which surprises me considering the proximity to the M25 and blue water.

The car was a little dirty, but they were very apologetic about it and offered to have it washed off, but being the large man child I am, I didn't have the patience to wait and seeing as I had a 30 mile drive home on M and A roads, would have made little difference.

The car was also sporting a set of new green tab plates in error (they are not yet legal), mine being the only one, so someone clearly had a brain fart. Although they quickly made up some GB plates and let me keep the green tabs, which was appreciated. As a side note, they are now printed on metal, which was a surprise to me, but made that's how its done now ?!

The issue with the faulty side repeater camera seems to have been resolved with the latest batch, as none of the 3's that I spoke to were defective. Hopefully, this is the same for everyone or we just got lucky.

After giving my car and a few of the others (for comparison) a thorough inspection, the build quality seems vastly improved from the stories I've heard, with one exception, the boot alignment.

Out of the 8 or 9 cars I saw, paint and panel gaps looked consistent throughout, in regards to doors/windows/roof, but all seemed to be suffering with poor boot alignment, so be vigilant.

Mine was actually causing damage to paint, on both boot and bumper. It was noted by the chap conducting the handover (again was very apologetic) and a service appointment straight away. Be sure to take pictures and video of everything when collecting, as a safety net as they will be geo tagged and time stamped should you need evidence .

To everyone still waiting to collect, I feel you're pain, but the wait is definitely worth the reward !!

Has anyone with a refresh/2021 model checked the API to see what codes they have?

I haven't read through the whole thread but I tried searching for these codes and nothing came up. I read on the tesla-info facebook page the manufacturing option codes that are starting to differ between 2020 and 2021 support some of the findings - hardly surprising - but you can search for these option codes on inventory to make sure what you order has them. I imagine they may also differ from country to country a little

The notable code changes are
- The new battery code is BT42 not BT37 but not all P and LR 2021 cars have it, I could only find 2021 Performance models in Europe .
- Heat pump is HP31 (HP30 is no heat pump)
- The onboard charger has changed in Europe to CH15 (not sure what code it was before, but it was different)
- Headlights in some countries have changed (code HL31 becoming HL32)
- The steering wheel code has changed ST31 to ST30 which if you search for cars with it is also the code used from 2018/2019 so maybe rather than a new wheel, its just gone back to an earlier wheel.

Nothing mentioned on codes for the glass but thats pretty easy to spot.

You used to be able to see these in the source code once you logged in to Tesla online at one point too.

Picked mine up yesterday from Birmingham. Very wet day to do so but very happy indeed. Such a joy to drive. Glad to have joined the club. Mine has the repeater issue on the driver side. Got a ranger for the end of December just no autopilot
I’ve got same issue with drivers”a repeater out but note despite error message indicating an AP unavailable, AP works just fine, on mine