Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up today. Overall a very 'hands-off' experience, and I was left on my own after signing away on the iPad screen.

No panel gaps, and the rear boot fitting was alot better than I've seen in others so far. No issue with the Left-Side Camera as well.
I did find a dodgy tippexed paint chip on the bonnet, and small dent in the rear passenger door sill and some black stains on the rear passenger seat. All photographed before leaving and booked in for a service appointment this evening.

I was advised that, I had 6 days or 100 miles to report any delivery issues in the app.

Overall very happy, still getting used to the car and working out where to charge it at home! But my golly is it quick! A big thank you to Mr Miserable on his ship-tracking, it's made the last few weeks since ordering that bit more bearable!

Just got back from collection at Dartford.

Apart from some glue residue which was wiped off, there are no dents, scratches or marks anywhere. Panel gaps also all seem good to me. All cameras working too.

Very happy with it.

C7FE9297-69E5-4EEB-B804-C2F8FF8E8B32.jpeg

Thanks!
It's my commuting bike for heading into London so it's not really done the miles it should have this year. Hoping to head to France on it in 2021.

Very nice, ideal commuting bike. I had a 1250 but swapped it earlier in the year and went orange. Just found it not exciting enough for me. It is an all round great bike though, if anything, too perfect

Very nice, ideal commuting bike. I had a 1250 but swapped it earlier in the year and went orange. Just found it not exciting enough for me. It is an all round great bike though, if anything, too perfect

I’m just too short for KTMs (at least the big ones). Low down weight of the BMW is nicer to live with. Not as exciting but there’s space in the garage for an 899 panigale some summer.

Reactions: 512uk
Nice bump stop- matches the SuCs bump stops too. Shame about the green stripe though (IMO).

Thanks - Installed it mainly to know when the previous car (Velar) was in far enough to shut the door but not too far to stop me opening cupboards at the back of the garage.

I don't mind the green stripe but then a mate of mine works for the department for transport on the initiative so maybe I'm biased. Will almost certainly switch for vinyl plates in the next week or so. Once it's been switched to a vanity plate.

Mine arrived late Monday night (9:30pm...). After a check the next day, couple of scratches (one caused by trailer :(), and a mark on one of the rear lights. All in all, not to bad, booked a service to get them looked at.

Not seeming to suffer much in the way of wind noise either :).

Look what arrived this morning.....

IMG-20201209-110252.jpg

Documents were e-Signed straight away, but I still haven't access via the app (this is a company lease car...does it normally take a while?)

The paint and interior are immaculate. I also think that the 19" wheels look better in the flesh. I thought that I preferred the old 19" ones, but these look better in real life than on photos.
IMG-20201209-130046.jpg

IMG-20201209-130055.jpg

IMG-20201209-130119.jpg

A couple of little alignment issues, probably within spec, though the boot lid has left a small witness mark in the paint.
IMG-20201209-111304.jpg

IMG-20201209-111317.jpg

IMG-20201209-111239.jpg

Oh, and the right-hand side camera isnt working.:mad:

Been out for a spin (delivered with 55% charge). Its now sitting on the drive having its first charge and downloading a software update.

Documents were e-Signed straight away, but I still haven't access via the app (this is a company lease car...does it normally take a while?)

The paint and interior are immaculate. I also think that the 19" wheels look better in the flesh. I thought that I preferred the old 19" ones, but these look better in real life than on photos.

IMG-20201209-130055.jpg

Not normally a fan of white cars, but the black trim does look well on a white car.

Time to get the mudflaps on then!

Reactions: Zakalwe

IMG-20201209-110252.jpg

IMG-20201209-130046.jpg

IMG-20201209-130055.jpg

IMG-20201209-130119.jpg

A couple of little alignment issues, probably within spec, though the boot lid has left a small witness mark in the paint.
IMG-20201209-111304.jpg

IMG-20201209-111317.jpg

IMG-20201209-111239.jpg

Been out for a spin (delivered with 55% charge). Its now sitting on the drive having its first charge and downloading a software update.
Mine is due on 23Rd company car to. Hope the app is sorted soon. I believe as a company car the lease company is technically the owner. We as the driver go as a secondary account holder. Car looks great buy the way.

Today was T Day for me also. LR with tow bar. Car is great but the experience really was not. Arrived on time to Thorpe Park to find a queue of people waiting outside to be seen. It was jolly cold for the 30 or so minutes we were waiting so wrap up warm. Thankfully it was not raining as there is only a small covering that perhaps only two people could stand under and socially distance. I guess each person ahead of me had finance and other complex things to deal with as only one of the various Tesla people was actually dealing with customers and each took 5 or more minutes. Would perhaps have been nice if someone had popped out reassure us we were doing the right thing by queuing. Especially as delivery drivers who reminded me of folk who dropped off my last few lease cars cut to the front and were given special treatment. You could have perhaps gone inside the big building but most of the Tesla people kept taking their masks off for long periods in there and it was not clear how you would keep your place in the queue.

Once we got to see someone it went very quickly (especially as I had no finance or trade in to deal with) and they were very nice and apologetic about the wait. The only wrinkle being you have to sign something that you can not read on an ipad before they will give you the key cards and tell you where your car is parked to go check it out, which is very unnerving. "To introduce you to your car" was their lame excuse, but scrolling up or down shows you nothing so I fail to see what they could say I signed. Thankfully I have read you are protected by the 1 week, 1000 mile thing otherwise would have kicked up a stink.

The cars are parked close together, so it is a little hard to look over initially, but you are clearly welcome to drive it to somewhere in the carpark with more space. At first inspection the car seemed to have a few scratches on it (my wife has an eagle eye, I am not sure I would have seen them especially as the car was wet and a little dirty but probably only from a few puddles as it was being parked). There were actually glue from the plastic coverings that did not get wiped off when they were removed and the tesla folks had something in a spray bottle that took them straight off. I could not find anything else wrong until I got home and put it in reverse to find the dreaded left hand camera not working. I will be booking it in for that. The boot lids on all the cars seemed to be fitted differently. I was not a big fan of any of them but I thought mine was the best of the bunch. I am not sure i would have checked any other car as hard as I did the Tesla so I think perhaps I am being picky and think I am going to stick with it, all other gaps were fine. Frankly it is hard to see what all the fuss was about, but that is easy to say if they have fixed the quality issues based on everyone else's experience.

Sadly none of the cars are being charged and mine only had 21% charge in it when I got in. That was a little unnerving for a first time lecki car owner. Thankfully I am, only 20 miles away as I do not know where the closest supercharger is. It used only 3% battery getting me home and I had a Zappi installed so it is currently on charge. It was actually a good lesson as 90% or all our journeys are less than 20 miles.

I have never even test driven a 3 before so the initial drive was a bit nervy for the first couple of miles, but you get used to the regen braking within seconds and then get to love it. I hit the brake once on the whole way home. I love the steering. It is a nice place to be. I miss the new car leather smell (sorry vegan folk) and the controls are a jumbled mess. I am sorry if you guys love the screen, but it feels like something that started simple and now has so much functionality crammed in you need to know your way around and watching the videos did not do it. Like it delivered with expert mode turned on. Perhaps if you have had the car a while and they have been slowing introducing stuff you have not noticed. I will have it learned in a day or so and when I master it I am sure I will be praising it as well. I think we miss having someone show us round the main features as you may in a normal year and videos were only good enough to get you driving. It had a much lower version of software than I was expecting but it started upgrading so quickly when I got home that I did not write the version down until it was too late and it did me no harm.

TeamBlue.jpg

Looks great, mine arrives tomorrow - only 1 more sleep to go

IMG-20201209-110252.jpg

IMG-20201209-130046.jpg

IMG-20201209-130055.jpg

IMG-20201209-130119.jpg

IMG-20201209-111304.jpg

IMG-20201209-111317.jpg

IMG-20201209-111239.jpg