Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Roadster press photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Roadster2a.jpg

Roadster2b.jpg

Roadster2c.jpg

Roadster2d.jpg

Roadster2e.jpg
Roadster2f.jpg

Roadster2g.jpg

Roadster2i.jpg

Hmm...not a fan of that windshield wiper. But will reserve final judgement until after I’ve driven the car and can determine just how much it does nor does not interfere with visibility through the windshield.

Thanks for posting that photo, I hadn’t seen it before. I’m thinking that car may be a non-working mockup.

...And where are the door handles?

Right now, the door handles are inside and not outside for the next gen Roadster.

If you look at youtube clips, you'll see that Valet Personnel from outside the Roadster keep reaching inside the car to open the doors (both for drivers and guests.)

There are still more than 3 full years to figure out what to do with them: 2018, 2019, 2020 (December 31st).

Last edited:
Hmm...not a fan of that windshield wiper. But will reserve final judgement until after I’ve driven the car and can determine just how much it does nor does not interfere with visibility through the windshield.

Thanks for posting that photo, I hadn’t seen it before. I’m thinking that car may be a non-working mockup.

@ecarfan logically what you are saying makes perfect sense. I saw it in person last night and my official position after having my mind blown out of my skull is “you won’t care!” LOL

In another thread someone said that at the test drives they were reaching to the inside of the door to open them, so the exterior door handles aren’t present yet in the prototypes.

In another thread someone posted a photo of a silver Roadster at the event that was behind a barrier: look, don’t touch. It had a large single windshield wiper. Probably a mockup vehicle, not operational.

Edit: and I see @Tam beat me to it regarding the door handles. :)

A bit of let down in looks, could have been a lot more exotic looking considering 250k price tag! They did come up with a truely innovative design for the Semi, I feel like they didn’t do the same justice for the roadster design. Anybody feel the same way?
Not me. I think Franz and his team hit a home run. They didn’t fall into the trap of “This is a supercar so we have to make it look crazy and like nothing else on the road”. They created a clean, functional, balanced, subtle and gorgeous look that incorporates distinctive elements that make it clear it is a Tesla.