Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Roadster @ Supercharger V3 or Model Y Launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Roadster is already rolling around there pre-event....

RoadsterPreY-Event.jpg

Attachments

• 54433776_10216836361834715_5980059871628754944_o.jpg
    54433776_10216836361834715_5980059871628754944_o.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 70
Same! At least an update whether or not the Roadster development is still on schedule.

Very disappointed about the event from my side. Of course it "showed" but was promptly put on the side of the stage. No update on the delivery schedule whatsoever (unless I missed it?). That likely means it's behind schedule unfortunately. 2020 is just around the corner, so they should theoretically be well under way planning and setting up (initial) manufacturing?

Still can't help but feeling Tesla is not (or: no longer) really *in to* the Roadster. I'm happy to see it's back on the web-site (and back in the main menu now :)) but I'm sure that if it were Ferrari or Lamborghini they wouldn't "neglect" their high-end product/customers like this? :confused:

Reactions: AMPd and ICUDoc
That photo really emphasizes how shrunken and almost vestigial the front of the car is. There's really not much in front of the windshield at all, other than the front wheel wells and a pair of headlights. I don't think there's a frunk, and I'm doubtful whether there's even a hood that opens in the conventional sense.

That photo really emphasizes how shrunken and almost vestigial the front of the car is. There's really not much in front of the windshield at all, other than the front wheel wells and a pair of headlights. I don't think there's a frunk, and I'm doubtful whether there's even a hood that opens in the conventional sense.

It's got proportions similar to many mid-engine supercars. Those have short hoods as well.

r2570s.jpg

Last edited:
It's got proportions similar to many mid-engine supercars. Those have short hoods as well.

Even in those two photos you can see how the Roadster's front wheels are pushed forward as much as possible, and the nose is more blunt. The Roadster sits taller, which I think can be fairly blamed on the battery pack. This is not a mid-engine car. Although it does look similar, if you examine it closely you can see how they are evolving away from that model. Its design is optimized for the new model, the BEV skateboard layout.

Personally, the more I look at it, the more brilliant I think it is. Then they wrapped all that forward thinking in a relatively restrained and elegant body. I suspect it'll age much better than the rest of our contemporary crop of supercars.

Reactions: GSP
Personally, the more I look at it, the more brilliant I think it is. Then they wrapped all that forward thinking in a relatively restrained and elegant body. I suspect it'll age much better than the rest of our contemporary crop of supercars
I agree- it really looks fantastic. Can't wait. Even a bit of news about how it's going would be better than this silence!